Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Wash

Options
  • 28-02-2013 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Anyone know any car washes by hand in the area? I heard the automatic ones can wreck cars. Though not sure if that is true either! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

audreyp wrote: »
    Anyone know any car washes by hand in the area? I heard the automatic ones can wreck cars. Though not sure if that is true either! Thanks!

There a valet crowd by the entrance / exit to the Merdian.

You can also get a cheap valet. Down by the Centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Great thanks! Completely forgot about them! Would anyone know the current prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Theres another valet company in Eden Gate at the rear of the shops

audreyp wrote: »
    Great thanks! Completely forgot about them! Would anyone know the current prices?

€12 for the mini valet at Centra. I'm not sure about the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there is a manual jetwash behind the garage in Newcastle, I used to use it because it took €2 coins rather than tokens so you could just throw in an extra coin if you needed extra time. Then i just bought a brush attachment for my hose...

€12 for a mini-valet at Centra seems a good deal though (I hate washing the car)

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    there is a manual jetwash behind the garage in Newcastle, I used to use it because it took €2 coins rather than tokens so you could just throw in an extra coin if you needed extra time. Then i just bought a brush attachment for my hose...

€12 for a mini-valet at Centra seems a good deal though (I hate washing the car)

I use that one in Newcastle for the van for the same reason.

I'm fussier with the car though and they do a decent job at centra.

I hate washing it too. I can't really wash it at home cause i'm in a town house with a kitchen at the back and would be a pain to drag the hose the whole way through the house.

12 euro seems like a great deal. Will definitely pop up and try them. I contacted Meridian place and its €35 for a mini valet with them.

Is that for inside and outside ? €12 will
    Just get the outside done at centra.

I'd assume inside and outside for €35.. I will go ask hopefully at the weekend and post back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

€35 inside and outside in the Meridian.
    Excellent service and do a really thorough clean no matter what manner of garden rubbish is left over from the weekend trip to the dump.

As it is a full (albeit mini) valet, you need to book and leave the car there for an hour with them. Agreat excuse to sit over a coffee and relax doing nothing for the hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Eden gate is also about 15 euro. Worth a look.

One thing I would recommend for anyone hoping to hold on to a car for a while is to get the underside cleaned/washed after the winter. The grit/salt on the roads will cause quite a lot of corrosion, brake lines rusting is a common NCT fail and I've seen quite few cars with rusting sills and wings.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

i recently discovered that on bray main street as you come towards the town hall theres a narrow laneway that runs up to the left between bank of ireland and duffs, just before the traffic lights. they do a full hand wash (with a power washer) and clean inside AND vacuum for €10. you usually have to leave the car there about 40 mins / an hour but they do a fantastic job and you cant get better than that price. theres usually a sign out on the pavement so you dont miss the turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

Thanks for the recommendation of the guy in Bray, eleMental. Had my car valeted from him today and he did a brilliant job. Definitely worth the tenner! :) I had to leave my car there for 1.5 hours as it was quite busy at that time but was happy with the outcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

smpillai11 wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation of the guy in Bray, eleMental. Had my car valeted from him today and he did a brilliant job. Definitely worth the tenner! :) I had to leave my car there for 1.5 hours as it was quite busy at that time but was happy with the outcome!

Are they back again? I went a few weeks back and they weren't there. I agree they do a great job.

Advertisement