Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumping off that car ferry.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

pgibbo wrote: »
    A nice 3 on a race debut:

1 2 3

It will be interesting to see how he does next year

who ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

A Scottish lad that won Celtman last year. He came 6th in his debut this year - Graeme Stewart.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

pgibbo wrote: »
    A nice 3 on a race debut:

1 2 3

It will be interesting to see how he does next year

cheers PG, had to wait till i was back in europe to get to watch it but it's passed some time in the aer lingus lounge in heathrow while i pass the 4 hour layover

he's a bit of a marketing machine, with all the personalised gear, but fair play to him.

sign of how tough that race is, guy as fit as him walking up that hill. makes you wonder if the bucket list race a lot see it as is a step too far.

260 out of 1900 got in. take out those guaranteed entry and the odds say you haven't a hope of getting in anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

This years video here

One thing Copenhagen taught me this year is that I am nowhere near ready for an event like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Cough, sniff...ehhh...somethin' in me eye...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭ironmonkey

Great clip. I don't normally bang on about past races I have done, but watching that brings a lump to my throat. I must write a race report of that journey even just for me. The scenery is just beautiful isn't it. I agree with the girl at the start the crew of characters on the boat on the way out were the toughest, fittest looking bunch I have ever seen in one place. They also seemed to have the air of mental toughness which was quite .inspiring / nerve racking. Anyway best, hardest day of my sporting life.

Advertisement