Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agile a load of crap?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

Sparks wrote: »
    I've heard this before, and I still don't believe it. This isn't the Renaissance - I can't take someone with fourteen years of experience writing network code from the wire to the top of the stack and replace them with someone who's spent fourteen years writing UI code. We might all be small cogs in a large machine, but that doesn't mean we all have the same number of teeth :D

That's demonstrably ridiculous. People leave teams all the time. If your 14 year guy is the lead developer on the project, and hands in his notice, you have to deal with it. You replace him with someone with the same abilities (or promo the next guy).

From you other replies I see you work on a large code base with many developers. I work for a consultancy working on mostly SAAS projects. Money is tight and requirements are loose. You can't chain them in to completely binding project contracts. They need some flexibility. Most will not pay for tech specs that need to be maintained on top of the code and the tests. Hell, it is hard enough to convince them on the case for writing tests :D

Advertisement