Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you respect people who don't go gym

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 geraldishere

smash wrote: »
    Wasn't meant to be original, it's from the Lyons tea ad.

Steroids kill your sense of humour?

yeah i know it started being aired around 3 years ago

your on the ball :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

are you on Tallafornia?
    Corminator... Is that you??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Because people who are " ripped " or whatever have an overwhelming love of themselves and expect admiration from others and want to be noticed....

That's a pretty broad generalisation.

Not everybody with a good physique is a narcissistic tool.

Being ripped/great shape/built like a tank does not make me respect someone.

and an obese/scrawny lazy unhealthy person does??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

why would u respect a obese lazy greedy mess???

Again, why would you decide on who to respect or not on how they look?
    It seems a highly superficial way of looking at people.

I judge people by the way they treat others, not by the way they look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If they were intelligent and interesting to talk to, yes. Absolutely. But I'd say the same if he was well-built and worked out.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

yeah i know it started being aired around 3 years ago

your on the ball :rolleyes:
    You spelled Geordie Shore wrong in your user name...

I don't rate respect for people on their physiques.

Shenshen wrote: »
    Self discipline or just nothing better to do in their lives?
    I might talk a bit slower when addressing them, but that's about it.

Jesus, you're a condescending ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

its probably too hard for him to spell through all the fake tan and propped collars/v necks he wearing.

Sorry but I just have to type this......

ROFL :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

And if they've spent their time learning new skills, such as additional languages, or spent time in creative pursuits - would that be equally worth of respect from you? Or would you just have made assumptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

No, because I respect people for what they say and do, not how they look. I know an obese guy who is an absolute genius. Unbelievable intelligence and interest in and knowledge of an incredible range of topics. I respect that a lot more than I'll respect some popcorn brain who works out every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Are they the only 2 types of people in the world then? People who go to the gym and obese lazy greedy messes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

because it shows they have self disipline.

know what they want and get it

aren't lazy

love sex

have better mental health than people who don't exercise

look better

are more confident

etc

there are other ways to be confident then exercising and just because u dont work out dosnt mean ur lazy also most people love sex, there are many ways to have self discipline other then working out studying for example.....really your whole post is nonsense and your username is far to close to geordie shore for me ot habe any respect for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Seachmall wrote: »
    Jesus, you're a condescending ass.

I've met a person recently who is obese, yet is dedicating every free minute she has in programs to help youngsters struggling in elementary schools.
    She is trying her utmost to help them catch up with the rest of the class, to give them a fair chance.
    She sometimes has to pay for the material for her classes out of her own pocket, as some of those kids have parents who don't really see the value in being able to read and write properly.

And the OP here asks (in all seriousness, apparently) if I would respect people less if they didn't "go gym".

I'm sorry, but I am being quite polite considering how I currently feel about the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

OP based on your posts so far you appear to epitomise every thing I dislike and don't respect in a human being. Respect is earned by being a decent human being, your attitude reminds me a lot of Lance Armstrong "I'm perfect and it's everyone else's fault". I don't think I need to tell you how little respect I have for that gym going individual.

ixoy wrote: »
    And if they've spent their time learning new skills, such as additional languages, or spent time in creative pursuits - would that be equally worth of respect from you? Or would you just have made assumptions.

What makes you think people that are ripped/well built don't have good careers or a impressive education???

Alot of them are more successful than lazy slobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭granturismo

... I like my double D's why would I want a flat chest and no butt, like the gym instructors they employ?

Hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I smell a troll.

First post and he comes up with this? Lock thread and move on I say.

• Advertisement

I've met a person recently who is obese, yet is dedicating every free minute she has in programs to help youngsters struggling in elementary schools.
    She is trying her utmost to help them catch up with the rest of the class, to give them a fair chance.
    She sometimes has to pay for the material for her classes out of her own pocket, as some of those kids have parents who don't really see the value in being able to read and write properly.

And the OP here asks (in all seriousness, apparently) if I would respect people less if they didn't "go gym".

I'm sorry, but I am being quite polite considering how I currently feel about the OP.
    Shehshen have some respect. The OP works out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I train a lot and get annoyed with people who say they can't lose weight despite the fact that they won't exercise but I'd respect an intelligent friendly fat person a lot more than those Tallafornia wannabe shapers that frequent most gyms.

I know an obese guy who is an absolute genius. Unbelievable intelligence and interest in and knowledge of an incredible range of topics.
    So you'll respect intellectual achievements, but not physical ones?

What if your friend lost weight and got ripped, would you not have respect for what he achieved through dedication and hard work?

Or would you decide he's now a popcorn brained idiot?
    Your post wasn't about the OP, it was a blanket generalisation of anyone who lifts weights.

there are other ways to be confident then exercising and just because u dont work out dosnt mean ur lazy also most people love sex, there are many ways to have self discipline other then working out studying for example.....really your whole post is nonsense and your username is far to close to geordie shore for me ot habe any respect for you

what makes you think people in great shape aren't successful?? :rolleyes:

infact the majority of people that train consistenly i bet are alot better off than the people that don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

No I'd be more likely to respect somebody who has a sense of humour than go to the gym. Hate the bulked up, tanned sensation that is around at the moment. State of it. Now if someone goes to the gym but doesn't come out looking like the incredible hunk but just toned and strong that is more admirable. Or a skinny guy deserves respect too. I know a lot of hot skinnier guys that haven't hopped on the steroid wagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What makes you think people that are ripped/well built don't have good careers or a impressive education???

They may well be and I would respect them. But for thta reason, not because of the uy.

Define "more succesful". Getting more sex?

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    They may well be and I would respect them. But for thta reason, not because of the uy.

Define "more succesful". Getting more sex?

educated,finacially secure,fit,more positive attitude on life

OP. Just wondering, why are you not in the gym pumping iron ? You clearly have some free time.

Get off the internet, its only for fat slobs, you need to be in the gym! not on here exercising your potato....

EDIT: brain, not potato. (but potato in frequent shallow gym users cases)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭granturismo

infact the majority of people that train consistenly i bet are alot better off than the people that don't

Prove it Gerald.

Your hypothesis has been disproven by your continuous trashing of the English language and inability to spell.

what makes u think that anyone who dosnt go to the gym shouldn't be respected, you are making fairly stupid generalizations perhaps people cant find time to go to the gym or cannot afford it or dont particularly want to be surrounded with people like u.
    also what about people who train at home? do they earn your respect or do they actually have to be a member of a gym, because while i do weights at home i dont like the gym....its full of heavy things and sweaty people and terrible terrible music!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Trolls are indeed very muscular

lukesmom wrote: »
    No I'd be more likely to respect somebody who has a sense of humour than go to the gym. Hate the bulked up, tanned sensation that is around at the moment. State of it. Now if someone goes to the gym but doesn't come out looking like the incredible hunk but just toned and strong that is more admirable. Or a skinny guy deserves respect too. I know a lot of hot skinnier guys that haven't hopped on the steroid wagon.

you don't need steroids to have mass and be defined..shows what you know

so someone that trains hard,has mass,is well built eats a clean diet is automatically classed as someone who has no sense of humour??

god the envy is high in this one

im not saying they arnt successful but u are the one who is saying that anyone who isnt going to a gym is a fat slob and you cannnot comprehend that people have other stuff to be doing then lifting heavy things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Prove it Gerald.

Your hypothesis has been disproven by your continuous trashing of the English language and inability to spell.

If he had an hypothesis it couldn't be disproved by his own posts

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Muscles or not I disrespect everybody evenly. :)

so someone that trains hard,has mass,is well built eats a clean diet is automatically classed as someone who has no sense of humour??

You dont have mass. You go to mass.

educated,finacially secure,fit,more positive attitude on life

There is no co-relation between the traits above and workign out.

theer is NO connection between being educated, being financailly secure and workign out in a gym, and people cna also be fit and very psotive withotu ever joiining a gym.

theer is NO connection between being educated, being financailly secure and workign out in a gym, and people cna also be fit and very psotive withotu ever joiining a gym.

there is no co-relation between the traits above and workign out.

I disagree. Look at any prison gym, All those guys are....

Oh yeah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Seachmall wrote: »
    So you'll respect intellectual achievements, but not physical ones?

What if your friend lost weight and got ripped, would you not have respect for what he achieved through dedication and hard work?

Or would you decide he's now a popcorn brained idiot?

But he wouldn't be a popcorn brained idiot, he'd still be a genius, just fitter. And I respect plenty of physical achievements, but 'getting ripped' for its own sake isn't one of them to be honest.

• Advertisement

There is no co-relation between the traits above and workign out.

When muscle heads workout the body releases a hormone( I think ) called seretonin. It's basically a feel good hormone. So they feel great bout themselves, especially in a tight t-shirt! and almost put themselves above non muscle heads so they think they need respect for this

D1stant wrote: »

OP doesn't. he's too busy in the gym getting all ripped for the ladies/men to be going to mass !

Korvanica wrote: »
    OP. Just wondering, why are you not in the gym pumping iron ? You clearly have some free time.

Get off the internet, its only for fat slobs, you need to be in the gym! not on here exercising your potato....

EDIT: brain, not potato. (but potato in frequent shallow gym users cases)

shallow gym users..

id like to see you training in any phyiscal sport get your scrawny frame snapped in two id reckon

is someone mad I sense u might be jealous these lads are getting hundreds times the women you are

and are more successful as you

oh wait id rather be a skinny fart with no ambition with a great sense of humour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I definitely have respect for people who look after their meat wagons. That doesn't always involve being 300lbs and ripped(which usually isn't healthy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now.

After I remove the icepack, I use a deep pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after-shave lotion with little or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion...

There is an idea of an orestes, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping you and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

D1stant wrote: »

Arnie would crush you for that comment...

so would Stephen Hawkins.

• Advertisement

shallow gym users..

id like to see you training in any phyiscal sport get your scrawny frame snapped in two id reckon

is someone mad I sense u might be jealous these lads are getting hundreds times the women you are

and are more successful as you

oh wait id rather be a skinny fart with no ambition with a great sense of humour :D
    Ye I really wanna take steroids to build up FAKE muscles, wear the tight t-shirt, pull loads of AIRHEADS in a nightclub by standing there with a g&t and my lips pouted. Real men!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

SERIOUSLY OP!

Can you not understand the English language? You have read my post and completely misunderstood what I was saying. Read it again, and again, and again until it sinks in properly.

Oh and I'm not envious as I'm perfectly fine as I am.

*sigh*

After Hours, come on, we have you better trained that this!

Don't feed the trolls!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement