Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleeced?

• 28-02-2013 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Where l live, Ripplecom is the only show in town if I want Broadband. My connection just lay down and died last night - not an uncommon occurence with Ripplecom. I phoned them this morning, and they announced that my router (bought from them 18 month ago) was banjaxed and out of warranty. They would, however be happy to provide me with a replacement, for €100. At this stage, I was so fed up, I asked them how do I go about cancelling my contract. I was told to email them.... (I don't have broadband... doh!!). The guy told me to write to them by snail mail. Within 15 minutes, the guy phoned me back. Blah blah.... they don't want to lose a valued customer, blah blah, they are sending me a new router free blah blah.

So, if I had just said 'OK! Heres my hard earned hundred euro, please send a new router' they would have taken my money. :mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like a total scam, and they couldnt tell your router was dead if you were disconnected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Once you're out of contract, the customer does have some power in relation to these companies (moreso when there's competition for your business). I've negotiated discounts with both 02 and UPC by contacting their loyalty departments (when out of contract) as they'd rather lose a few bob a month compared to losing you as a customer. A bit of sabre-rattling goes a long way :)

Advertisement