Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably a simple question about page alias details and urls

• 28-02-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

I'm running a store website at the moment. It's a CMS Made Simple based site and the user interface is very simple so far. I just input info such as title,menu text(usually a style number as it's quicker to find in the database) and then particulars of the product. I've noticed my urls are composed then of the menu text(style number) rather than the title of the product.

To get around this I've been entering a page alias section with the description/title I want in the URL. I was wondering am I then causing a redirect within the site and making the pages slower? Is that poor practice?

Are URLs still "SEO friendly" if they contain a description/title of the product and a product code/number?Or do they have to composed of readable text?
    eg is www.randomshop/products/bag/black-bag
    better than www.randomshop/products/bag/black-back-12345 ?

Thanks to anyone who answers or reads this! I'm starting to feel like a loser having all these Qs and never able to contribute an answer .:o

Advertisement