Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good website for Gear

Options
  • 28-02-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

I've just started running two months ago. I'm going to pick up some runners at the weekend when I get tested for what type I need. Plan to spend a good bit on those as they are important.

However, I was wondering if anyone could shed light on a decent website for gear like base layers, shorts, t-shirts, running tights, running docks etc?

I wanted to get decent yet affordable stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭JaManSnowFlake

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've just started running two months ago. I'm going to pick up some runners at the weekend when I get tested for what type I need. Plan to spend a good bit on those as they are important.

However, I was wondering if anyone could shed light on a decent website for gear like base layers, shorts, t-shirts, running tights, running docks etc?

I wanted to get decent yet affordable stuff.

I picked up some reasonable gear in Lidl but hard to know when it will be in again.
    I would like to know about a decent website as it is very pricey in the sports shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Rogue Runner

lidl are good for some gear. I wouldnt go running any marathons with them but theyre decent enough for what you're looking for. Amazon or Wiggle is where i've gone whenever I've needed any of the more expensive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I picked up some reasonable gear in Lidl but hard to know when it will be in again.
    I would like to know about a decent website as it is very pricey in the sports shops.

According to the Lidl app, Lidl will have their running stuff available again next Thursday the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Heatons is also very good year round. And ebay too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Most decent B&M shops will try and match online prices once it's not EOL stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭JaManSnowFlake

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Most decent B&M shops will try and match online prices once it's not EOL stock.

What is EOL stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What is EOL stock?

End of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

get most of mine on www.sportsshoes.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

I use www.startfitness.co.uk/ after hearing good reviews from a few guys on here. Check out their More Mile range, very cheap but good quality gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Try MandM direct for cheap gear apart from shoes. I got a great great Canterbury baselayer and some other bits and pieces really cheap this week. It can be hit and miss but there are definite bargains to be had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

Try www.sportsdirect.com

€1.00 delivery, and they are selling in € for the same figures as in £ if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Another recommendation for sports direct. Bought a good bit of stuff off them over the last few months, all has been of good quality but I have found the socks a bit thick, stick to lidl and aldi for my socks. Have seen a lot of the cheaper stuff on sports direct in Heatons sports sections for not much more money too if you wanted to check it out first, Karrimor gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

Depending on where you are this might be useful or not!
    There's an asics shop in the Kildare shopping outlet village and you can pick up great bargains most of the time.. :)

Advertisement