Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone used eithe rof these hair dyes?

• 28-02-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I wanted to dye my hair a dark red - a dark blood red rather than an orangey red.

I did try the loreal berry red and cherry red and even mahogany before and it didnt look great but I suspect thats due to dark brown build up!

Im looking at the loreal blackcurrant colour and also the recital dark red - anyone used either of these?

I usually avoid permanent but I figure the colour b4 will get it out if its a disaster!

I have loads of crazy colour etc at home but no use on my hair as its too dark unless i bleach it first

I have a bottle of XXL ultra violet at home but havent used it as i've no way to remove it if it looks awful (heard the colour b4 doesnt work on XXL)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭labradoodlelady

I've used blackcurrant a few times, and really love it. It's so vibrant when you do it first, but it went a beautiful reddy brown. Lasts well too.
    Got balyage done recently and promised my hairdresser that I'd stop using home dyes. Have two packs of this sitting on my dresser now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Hi OP,

I haven't used either of the two you mentioned, but I HAVE used the XXL and can confirm, that yes, it is an absolute NIGHTMARE to shift, so I'd definitely leave that as a last option if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Thanks a million guys.

I have dip dye done at the moment and did it at home. I normally use crazy colour and would top it up once a week. This time I used XXL raspberry and am stunned at the fact that it does not wash out! :eek: grand as it means I dont have to keep topping up but :eek: in that im glad I only used it on the ends I bleached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I've used blackcurrant a few times, and really love it. It's so vibrant when you do it first, but it went a beautiful reddy brown. Lasts well too.
    Got balyage done recently and promised my hairdresser that I'd stop using home dyes. Have two packs of this sitting on my dresser now.

whats your natural colour before you use the black currant? im just trying to figure out what colour it will go on mine thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭labradoodlelady

I'm dark brown naturally, had a few semi permanent darker brown dyes along the years which seemed to darken it further. The colour came out dark with red undertones on my hair. It was kind of very dark ribena coloured when first done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement