Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free 21st Birthday Venue

Options
  • 28-02-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

So I have the room in Busker Brownes booked for my 21st next weekend. The thing is it doesn't look like half as many people are going to come as it's booked for. Considering I already have to share with another group to get the room I might have to go elsewhere if I can't make up the numbers. The thing is though I have no money to hire anywhere (the room in Buskers is free).

Is there anywhere else in Galway that does free room hire, free food and free DJ like Buskers? I know Massimos do free room hire with finger food but is there any music? When I say DJ I don't mean it has to be just for my group, in Busker's it's just the DJ for the whole place that you get. I just feel if there's no music people might get a bit bored and I want to do something more interesting than just going out for my 21st. Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

spanish arch - they have a small room down the very back with a bar. been to few parties there and its a nice space. its free too
    townhouse have room upstairs and free too i believe once yer buying lots of booze.
    or you could ask for another area to be reserved in buskers downstairs like where the big fireplace is. I got this area for my OH's 30th but it was a thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Is Ruby Room in Kings Head free if you are sharing? Went to a birthday there recently it was nice. Think you could bring music or share dj duties.

Townhouse is great but not worth them opening top bar for a few people only I'd say.

Massimo down the back reserves are and is nice.

With all these places, they might do finger food *if* you have the drinkers, but if it's a small group you might have to make your own sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Might be a teeny bit out of the way but Crowe's on Bohermore is a good spot for a party too. Free food, dj, etc.

Spanish Arch is also good too. Don't mention the wings though. Controversial. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

The cottage out salthill I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Oslo in Salthill is great. Free and the staff are great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Hi guys, I've actually booked Kelly's but thanks for all your tips anyway. This thread could come in handy in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Hi guys, I've actually booked Kelly's but thanks for all your tips anyway. This thread could come in handy in future.
    Don't we get an invite? :P
    Kelly's is great spot! We had work do there recently.finger food was lovely and loads of it. Have great night and Happy Birthday!

Advertisement