If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote please

Options
  • 28-02-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im looking to get a Denon AVR 1513 and a Monitor Audio Bronze BX centre speaker in Oak for my Dad to match his BX 5's he bought off you a few years back.

I see you have the Denon on the UK site for £120.
    How much would it be for the two items and shipping to Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi.

The price on the AVR1513 is indeed £119.95 however it is an in store only purchase and we would be unable to ship :(

Price on the BXLCR would be £134.95.

Delivery would cost £12.99.

Might there be another amp that would suit your needs?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Hmm, I might be able to make it to Belfast with work in the next while.

But just incase can you ship either the Teac AGD 200 or the Pioneer VSX 322?

Which amp would you guys think is better? I bought a Pioneer myself from you a few years ago and have been very happy with it.

Might be in the market for a little sub too. Going to try the system without first though.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Tony,

I'll ask the guys to bend the rules on this one ( just don't tell anyone!!)

If you would like the AVR1513 with the BX LCR shipped - we will do them together at £254.90 with shipping at £12.95..

I'd say to your Dad that he should have a look at the next Denon up - the AVR1713 which we are now doing at £229.95 - I can do the AVR1713 WITH the Monitor Audio BX LCR at just £334.90 and again shipping at £12.95

The AVR1713 is a far superior unit to the 1513 - its network ready and includes internet radio AND APPLE Airplay!

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?CatId=hometheatre&SubId=avreceivers&ProductId=AVR1713

We have all of these available and ready to ship straight away - as ever if you are interested please just drop me a line with your contact details and I'll get the guys to give you a shout to get you sorted..

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John, I'll have a little think about it. 

What do you think regarding the sub? Will I get away without one for the time being just using the BX5's? They (my parents!) are coming off a cheapy LG all in one system that has a passive sub which obviously wont be able to connect to the new amp.

My only concern is that if I go for the 1713 now, without leaving funds for a sub, that they might be a bit disappointed with the new setup. Their room is small (15"x 15" ish) but in fairness to them they do watch a huge amount of films and like their sound!

Thanks
    T

What do you think regarding the sub? Will I get away without one for the time being just using the BX5's? They (my parents!) are coming off a cheapy LG all in one system that has a passive sub which obviously wont be able to connect to the new amp.

My only concern is that if I go for the 1713 now, without leaving funds for a sub, that they might be a bit disappointed with the new setup. Their room is small (15"x 15" ish) but in fairness to them they do watch a huge amount of films and like their sound!

Thanks
    T

Hi T,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The BX5s aren't bad for bass at all.  I reckon you could get away with this and then if needs be add on a sub at a later date.  Amp wise I'd agreee with John on the 1713 over the 1513.  With that system I really think the 1713 would benefit it more.  

If you wanted to add a sub in we have the Monitor Audio VW8 sub currently priced at £169.95.  This is quite a small sub but packs a nice punch.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks
    T
    djft,

I agree with Chris - the BX5 are excellent - but every 5.1 system does benefit from a sub at some stage - but that can be added  at anytime - ..............However............... if your folks would like a deal and can rustle around the back of the sofa - I'll do the following:
    Denon AVR1713 Av receiver
    Monitor Audio BX Centre
    Monitor Audio VW8 Active Subwoofer

All at £429.95 ( that's not a lot more than the AVR1713 used to sell at on its own!!)

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John,

Thats a good deal alright.

Ill be up in Belfast on Thursday so Ill call in and have a look.

Cheers
    T

Thanks John,

Thats a good deal alright.

Ill be up in Belfast on Thursday so Ill call in and have a look.

Cheers
    T

Hi T,

Nice one.  We're here from 11am - 7pm on Thursday :)

We'll have the kettle ready.

Chris

Hi John,

So had a chat with the Dad, hes delighted with the quote you have given him for the system and is reminded why we only buy our hifi equipment from you!

He did mention that his current plasma is starting to show a decent amount of screen burn and might be a good time to change it too.

So just looking to see what you can do the LG 47LM670T for along with 12 meters of Cambridge Audio 400 aswell.

Thanks for your patience with this!
    T

Hi John,

So had a chat with the Dad, hes delighted with the quote you have given him for the system and is reminded why we only buy our hifi equipment from you!

He did mention that his current plasma is starting to show a decent amount of screen burn and might be a good time to change it too.

So just looking to see what you can do the LG 47LM670T for along with 12 meters of Cambridge Audio 400 aswell.

Thanks for your patience with this!
    T

Hi T,

Glad to hear he liked it, it's a great price for all that.  Will be a great system :)

The 47 670T is currently priced at £899.95.  That price includes a free 5 year warranty also.  

We can offer the symphony 400 at £2 per meter.  Total of £24.00.

Hope this helps.

Chris

• Advertisement

Just a quick thanks for the equipment. Great customer service as usual. Not surprising that the shop was full of customers today!

The folks cant get over the picture quality on their old tv with everything through the Denon. They are now wondering if they need the new tv! (Don't worry, I've assured them they do!)

Just need to get the sound levels right now with the sub. Seems like theres a bit of bass lacking. I think I didnt have it setup correctly before doing the Audyssey install. Ill do it again tomorrow.

Cheers

Just a quick thanks for the equipment. Great customer service as usual. Not surprising that the shop was full of customers today!

The folks cant get over the picture quality on their old tv with everything through the Denon. They are now wondering if they need the new tv! (Don't worry, I've assured them they do!)

Just need to get the sound levels right now with the sub. Seems like theres a bit of bass lacking. I think I didnt have it setup correctly before doing the Audyssey install. Ill do it again tomorrow.

Cheers
    Hi DjFatTony2000.

Just to let you know that your screen left us today. You will get a call from our courier to arrange a time on Monday or Tuesday for delivery.

I'm glad you are enjoying the new setup. Once you get the setup correct you will be over the moon!

Any further questions please just ask.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.