Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duration of stay in the villages for postgraduates

Options
  • 28-02-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

On the accommodation website, it says that all rooms must be vacated in May, but theses will be submitted in September. Where do postgraduate students (especially international ones) stay during that time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

marquez wrote: »
    On the accommodation website, it says that all rooms must be vacated in May, but theses will be submitted in September. Where do postgraduate students (especially international ones) stay during that time?

Have you booked for a full year?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 marquez

freyners wrote: »
    Have you booked for a full year?

Not yet, but yes, I am planning to do so. I've been told the academic year is between September 2013-May 2014, so I didn't quite understand how long I could stay in the villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Not yet, but yes, I am planning to do so. I've been told the academic year is between September 2013-May 2014, so I didn't quite understand how long I could stay in the villages.

I'm pretty sure you can book for a Full Year. I definitely saw options for "Full Academic Year" and "Full Year" when I was booking last week.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can book for a Full Year. I definitely saw options for "Full Academic Year" and "Full Year" when I was booking last week.

Thank you! I found it strange that on the website there is no information about this. Just the rental fees for the academic year or for single semesters are written. I had better ask someone from the accommodation services about the fees for a full year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

ive just booked for a full year next year for my masters in cappa

rates below, the full year accom is around 300-400 extra iirc

http://www.studentliving.ul.ie/index.jsp?p=116&n=124

• Advertisement

freyners wrote: »
    ive just booked for a full year next year for my masters in cappa

rates below, the full year accom is around 300-400 extra iirc

http://www.studentliving.ul.ie/index.jsp?p=116&n=124

Thanks! I wish on-campus accommodation wasn't so expensive. I want to book a room for the full year, but I'm not sure whether I could pay the whole fee. I might end up writing my thesis on the street. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Thanks! I wish on-campus accommodation wasn't so expensive. I want to book a room for the full year, but I'm not sure whether I could pay the whole fee. I might end up writing my thesis on the street. =)

go off campus maybe?

eoins23456 wrote: »
    go off campus maybe?

I haven't got a reply to my questions from the CLS. If they ask too much money for the summer term, I will seriously think about off-campus accommodation.

Advertisement