Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa/Criminal Record

Options
  • 28-02-2013 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have a criminal record. It's about 10 years ago now. Drug possession for personal use. Is there any point in me applying for a work visa or am I just wasting my time?

Mods, I'm not looking for legal advice. I just want to draw on other people's experiences. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Believe it or not but this question is asked more than you think. :D

Just do a forum search, it just threw up 51 matches for Criminal Record, not all will answer your question but a good few will.

I don't think you are wasting your time applying at all, just put down the truth in the visa application, and if some one here suggests other wise i.e telling a lie on the application, treat them like an idiot as they won't be the one spending the night in Villawood when your visa gets cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

The Aussie wrote: »
    Believe it or not but this question is asked more than you think. :D

Just do a forum search, it just threw up 51 matches for Criminal Record, not all will answer your question but a good few will.

I don't think you are wasting your time applying at all, just put down the truth in the visa application, and if some one here suggests other wise i.e telling a lie on the application, treat them like an idiot as they won't be the one spending the night in Villawood when your visa gets cancelled.

Great. Thanks for your reply. I certainly won't be lying on the application. I don't mind dealing with the fallout of my past behaviour, but I'm not gonna let it get me into trouble twice!

Advertisement