Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sertus car insurance

• 28-02-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Has anyone came accross or used Sertus insurance before. I was getting quotes €490 by 123.ie for fully comp on my car worth about 7k but have been quoted €25 for the exact same cover with this crowd.

Just wondering what they are like to deal with if something does go wrong??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

AFK123 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone came accross or used Sertus insurance before. I was getting quotes €490 by 123.ie for fully comp on my car worth about 7k but have been quoted €25 for the exact same cover with this crowd.

Just wondering what they are like to deal with if something does go wrong??

Thanks

Surely a typo???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭AFK123

woops that was supposed to be €325:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My wife is with them. They offer good rates to teachers who are ASTI members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

My dad used to be with them, insurance broker etc.

Restricted to driving 2l + vehicles, he ditched them on renewal

Thanks for the info.

My curret policy has the 2.0l restriction too. Its not something that would bother me. Other than driving family cars from time to time which are 1.9l max i wouldnever be driving other cars so certainly nothing over 2.0l.

Seems like a stupid restriction though considering you could have a 1.9 car with 300 bhp and a 15 year old 2.2l car that has no eal power or speed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm with them for the last 2 years, they were the cheapest quote that I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Never heard of them, are they a broker?

No they are their own company but dont seem to quote directly to the public. I came accross them through quotme.ie who are an insurance brokers in Louth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Did a search and seen in another thread that they don't insure people under 40. Is this true?

im 28 so thats certainly not true:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Deisedarren

I'm 29 and I'm with them since November they were the cheapest around
    Got them through simply insure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

they are part of the RSA group and I got my quote through a brokers - was previously with setanta. http://www.sertus.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bren99

I was with Sertus for a year but would not go back to them. Had great trouble getting no claims bonus cert from them before renewal. Stay clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Have to say I've never had any problem getting the no claims bonus paperwork from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I'm with them and I find them good. I am over 40. But I never knew about the 2l limit I'll have to check my policy in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm currently insured with them and they were 100 euro cheaper than Liberty who I had been with for years.

Advertisement