Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Van Security?

• 28-02-2013 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Evening chaps,

Little bit off the forum norm but I've just changed my van and wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations for getting deadbolts fitted on a ford transit - Dublin or surrounding counties?

I've asked over in the motoring forum but no luck so I said I'd ask fellow tradesmen.

Theres been a few vans done around my way lately and the last thing I need is the tools robbed. Any of you guys have extra van locks fitted?
    I'd like to get deadbolts & an alarm done myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Evening chaps,

Little bit off the forum norm but I've just changed my van and wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations for getting deadbolts fitted on a ford transit - Dublin or surrounding counties?

I've asked over in the motoring forum but no luck so I said I'd ask fellow tradesmen.

Theres been a few vans done around my way lately and the last thing I need is the tools robbed. Any of you guys have extra van locks fitted?
    I'd like to get deadbolts & an alarm done myself.
    I've a load of extra locks fitted on my van. The beauty is they can't be seen either. All are internal so thief can't tamper with them. 5 extra on the back door and two on the side door. Side door ones controlled with extra central locking motors used to push 1" steel bars into place wired back to a hidden switch. So even if they got my can keys they've still no way into the back.
    I understand this is overkill but my old van was broken in to and I swore it wouldn't happen again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Dtp79 wrote: »
    I've a load of extra locks fitted on my van. The beauty is they can't be seen either. All are internal so thief can't tamper with them. 5 extra on the back door and two on the side door. Side door ones controlled with extra central locking motors used to push 1" steel bars into place wired back to a hidden switch. So even if they got my can keys they've still no way into the back.
    I understand this is overkill but my old van was broken in to and I swore it wouldn't happen again

Where did you get these fitted? Maybe I wouldn't go as far as you but I would like something along the same lines.

SmallBalls wrote: »

Where did you get these fitted? Maybe I wouldn't go as far as you but I would like something along the same lines.
    I made them myself. The side door ones were the hardest to make because I used some old central locking mechanisms and had to weld and cut steel bars etc. but there totally hidden , even on the inside. The back doors I just used those spring deadbolts. One on top, bottom. Also left and right so even if the feckin hinges were cut the doors still wouldn't come off!! Also also riveted 1" wide plate to both doors in the middle and one of those tamper proof locks keeping them together.
    I know now my van is safe and peace of mind is priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭paddy_joe

Dtp79 wrote: »

Sounds like some job alright. My van got robbed few years ago too . didn't get everything,the dogs disturbed them I think but the got enough. Have been paranoid about the van ever since.

paddy_joe wrote: »

Sounds like some job alright. My van got robbed few years ago too . didn't get everything,the dogs disturbed them I think but the got enough. Have been paranoid about the van ever since.
    Ye it's a horrible feeling having them wasters nearly ruin an honest mans livelihood. Pity your dogs didn't get a hold of em

• Advertisement
Advertisement