Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Switched from 02 to 3

• 28-02-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

just switched from 02 to 3 today . But beside the 3 carrier logo is a dot and not 3G any ideas on whats happening? im using an iphone 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

AFAIK the dot means you are on a 2G service although I didn't think 3 operated on 2G.
    How's the speed for web browsing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Gillo wrote: »
    AFAIK the dot means you are on a 2G service although I didn't think 3 operated on 2G.
    How's the speed for web browsing?

They use Vodafone network to support 2G I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

That's make sense then. Basically what's happening is you've no coverage with 3 you are roaming on the Vodafone network. The networks do deals with each other that if the don't have coverage in a particular area they'll rent "space" from a different network so that effectively you can still use the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

dast1g wrote: »
    just switched from 02 to 3 today . But beside the 3 carrier logo is a dot and not 3G any ideas on whats happening? im using an iphone 5
    Can you take a screen shot and upload please for a further diagnosis.

Advertisement