Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 2003 sending old deleted messages back to inbox

Options
  • 28-02-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi I am having problems with outlook 2003 sending old deleted messages back to the inbox about 1000 mails so far it is a new computer with windows 8 pro. And I was wondering if there is any way to avoid this happening in the future and if there is an easy way to delete the messages that have come back into the inbox. Thanks for the help.
    Mods sorry if this is the wrong place for the forum if it is please feel free to move it thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Outlook is probably just downloading the message from your email account again.
    When you deleted them previously, you only deleted them on the computer, the original remained on your email host - in the original folder(inbox).
    I assume you were using pop3 with the option to leave a copy of the mail on the server.
    If you dont want to receive them again on your pc, you will have to log into your email account via webaccess and delete them from that end.
    How exactly you do this will depend on what type of email account it is - i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, eircom, or on your own domain.
    Post back with some info on the type of email account you are using and I can give some pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi,
    You must check the "Restore defaults" property of Outlook 2003. To do this task, proceed with following steps :

1 - Open the application
    2 - Reach on 'Deleted Items'
    3 - Click right click on properties
    4 - Now check status of 'Restore defaults'
    5 - If it is checked the unchecked it

Now, Your Outlook 2003 is not prompting this problem again.

Regards
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 40 forrest gump

ArtyM I am using outlook for Gmail and a webhosted email address. Both are reloading the old messages. I have gone into the email accounts and went to the advanced tab and clicked leave on the server and delete after 10 days. Do you reckon that will fix it? Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 forrest gump

Thanks Jane I have done that as well it seems to be working. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement