Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returned to eircom and now my broadband has gone from 17Mb to 0.7Mb

Options
  • 28-02-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

I have had a steady 15-17Mb connection, started with eircom, then spent a year with VF and have just moved back to eircom. The speed has now gone to .75mb! Please can someone have a look to see what's gone wrong? I have updated the modem to the eircom settings from the VF ones. I never had a problem going form eircom to VF....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

BigMoose wrote: »
    I have had a steady 15-17Mb connection, started with eircom, then spent a year with VF and have just moved back to eircom. The speed has now gone to .75mb! Please can someone have a look to see what's gone wrong? I have updated the modem to the eircom settings from the VF ones. I never had a problem going form eircom to VF....
    Hi BigMoose

Can you PM your phone / account number and I will look into this for you?

Regards

Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

BigMoose wrote: »
    wat modem u r using, check the software version on it, if its the first gen zyxl modem and having old firmware, then u might need to update it. if not then ask the agent to check the attainable's on line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

masker wrote: »
    wat modem u r using, check the software version on it, if its the first gen zyxl modem and having old firmware, then u might need to update it. if not then ask the agent to check the attainable's on line
    It's the original model that Eircom supplied (acting as a DSL modem only) with a netgear router being a wifi router. I've had this set up working on ericom then VF both sustaining around 17Mb on the line, so doubt it's that but thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Thanks Linda, PM sent. I am the account holder.

Advertisement