Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national library question

Options
  • 28-02-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

just wondering is there a general working area where you could say do work with someone and talk or is the whole area a quiet reading area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

All a quiet reading area last time I was there I'm afraid.

However, the main reading room is now very under-used. Perhaps you should suggest part of it be made a group-study area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

You should ask this question on the Genealogy forum. They would use the National Library a lot. I go in regularly and the last time I was there the main reading room certainly was not 'under-used'. I like to sit alone but that day I had to sit beside another researcher (ratz!). :) Don't forget, with the 'Gathering' this year these kind of places will be a bit busier.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

However, the main reading room is now very under-used. Perhaps you should suggest part of it be made a group-study area.

Please no. It's bad enough in there some days; between staff chattering away, people having loud whispered conversations and tourists coming in with their clicky cameras, it can end up being ridiculously distracting.

I think one of the city libraries does have rooms that you can reserve in advance for group study sessions etc.... Possibly the one in the Ilac centre? I'm not certain though.

Advertisement