Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Janty's new MiD - Evic Advanced ? .. i think not

Options
  • 28-02-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Never Realized Janty (Who invented the Ego) was a Filipino Company ... anyhow they are releasing a very cool looking device in the near future which I haven't seen mentioned with an insane amount of features in darn small package (without a screen to break).

A lil about it ......

Thanks to the editable puff timeline environment of the MiD, the user is now no longer locked into just vaping at one specific voltage during a puff. Instead, they can create real time pulsations, fades, boosts, loops, and waves that all create a unique vaping experience in which they control the richness of the taste, and the power of the throat hit.

The MID ranges from 0 to 8 volts, or from 0 to a whopping 25 watts 0 to 4 Amps

You can execute up to 4 of your personally created vaping profiles on the MiD device, at any given time, on-the-go.

User Interface

No Screen - RGB LED is programmable to output the saved profile and joystick is used along with smartclick - morse code to your ecig basically .

The joystick allows you to easily navigate the menus of the device. More importantly, the joystick allows you to control your real time variable voltage or real time variable wattage.

And it Aint that big !

Device Lenght: 116mm
    Device Diameter: 19.4 mm
    Device Weight: 40 grams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBQKqrvKP08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

62 euros on pre-order from ivapour UK, not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Don't forget you have to add the "modules" at extra cost to get the full functionality from it.

There was a guy from Janty on one of the Youtube Vapeshows - he had problems operating it and he's from Janty.

His attempt at explaining how to use the Mid was like watching the episode of Friends with the quiz show called "bamboozled".

Ok, I'll wait for version 2 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

That isnt a bad price indeed! - it was mentioned @ $200 on Pbusardo's site I think - still in beta from what I've seen (I'd love to visit Janty but they are way down south).

You need to buy the software separate though by all accounts though to get all the profile features though which kinda sucks or you are left with a just basic VV/VW device.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Until the software is jailbroken...

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    Until the software is jailbroken...
    Blocking "host" files for a fecking ecig - seems a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

maybe if they put a screen on it, so you could what the **** you were doing without connecting it to a pc!

There's an eVic jailbreak underway. Aims to raise voltage to 6v with a 15watt limit, introduce new features and profiles thought of by the community if and when it's unveiled.
    One of the guys helping to code it is Jaywalker, the iOS jailbreaker behind the greenpois0n release. Where there's a will...

grindle wrote: »
    There's an eVic jailbreak underway. Aims to raise voltage to 6v with a 15watt limit, introduce new features and profiles thought of by the community if and when it's unveiled.
    One of the guys helping to code it is Jaywalker, the iOS jailbreaker behind the greenpois0n release. Where there's a will...

where did read about this? perhaps a link, please

About 29 minutes in. The guy being interviewed is one of the main guys and happens to live with Jaywalker.

• Advertisement

I was going to post a link to an interview with one of the Janty guys on Youtube but the link doesn't appear to be working, maybe it will for you guys.

Not having a screen is a major downfall on this device, even something like checking the battery means using the Joystick to bring up a certain colour - this obviously won't give you a precise idea of where you stand.

It's all a bit of a faff as far as I can see - I want to be able to pick up a PV and vape!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I think thats the point - once its setup thats what you do without needing to look at the screen to see what voltage/wattage :P

Of course the setup would be the tricky bit with the curves and whatnot - guess we'll see.

......but...........................this one goes up to 11!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Apparently it's really simple to check what ohmage your atomizer is.
    First you have to click the joystick up 5 times, to the right 2 times and then depress the joystick lightly.

The light will blink 17 times (the colour will be a mauve, pinky russet colour) if the attached device is lower than 1.7 ohms - it will blink 29 times (taupey,red with a hint of orange) if your attached device is over 2 ohms.

It really is as simple as that.

mrplop wrote: »
    Apparently it's really simple to check what ohmage your atomizer is.
    First you have to click the joystick up 5 times, to the right 2 times and then depress the joystick lightly.

The light will blink 17 times (the colour will be a mauve, pinky russet colour) if the attached device is lower than 1.7 ohms - it will blink 29 times (taupey,red with a hint of orange) if your attached device is over 2 ohms.

It really is a simple as that.

lol :D

Advertisement