Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi and Internet lights flashing like mad at night time!!

Options
  • 01-03-2013 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭

Upgraded a netopia router to a newer eircom one , I notice the wifi and Internet lights are flashing like mad at nighttime .
    Is this normal ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you are not online at the time it means your neighbours are using your wifi.

If you are online then that is you using your wifi and internet. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If you are not online at the time it means your neighbours are using your wifi.

If you are online then that is you using your wifi and internet.
    Hi decies

I can confirm that the above response fromSponge Bob is indeed accurate (thanks Sponge Bob) and the flashing lights usually mean that you are using the internet. However, if you notice any other issues such as slow speeds or disconnections please let me know as I can look into this for you.

Best wishes

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Why would anyone change to a Zyxel router from a Netopia? I had a Zyxel router the range was **** I then had a Vodafone Huwaei router which kept having to be reset every few hours. Bought a second hand Netopia has NEVER gave any trouble since I bought it and has a greater range. I know the earlier models had security problems but the later models (this one is) are perfect

Advertisement