Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable size from the meter to the fuse board

Options
  • 01-03-2013 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Doing a small renovation at home and the situation is the meter is 45m from the fuse board. 25m is under ground and then up through the cavity and into the attic and over to the fuse board. Will a 16mmsq swa do or will i have to go to 25mmsq swa ??

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

bean sause wrote: »
    Doing a small renovation at home and the situation is the meter is 45m from the fuse board. 25m is under ground and then up through the cavity and into the attic and over to the fuse board. Will a 16mmsq swa do or will i have to go to 25mmsq swa ??
    Without doing the calculation I would be confident that a 16sq. would be to small. Perhaps a 25sq. Would also be too small. You need to do the calc. Remember the volt drop to the end of all final circuits can not exceed 4% of the nominal voltage, 230VAC. That means that you will probably not want to exceed a VD of more than 2% to the main DB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bean sause

2011 wrote: »
    Without doing the calculation I would be confident that a 16sq. would be to small. Perhaps a 25sq. Would also be too small. You need to do the calc. Remember the volt drop to the end of all final circuits can not exceed 4% of the nominal voltage, 230VAC. That means that you will probably not want to exceed a VD of more than 2% to the main DB.

humm now im a small bit stuck what is the formula to work this out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

if your an electrician you should no that. if not its best to get one in to do the job mate.

Advertisement