Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat found (docks)

Options
  • 01-03-2013 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭

Guys we pulled a cat out of the Docks about 11PM tonight. Less than a year old ginger. It has used up most of its nine lives already by running under various moving cars before taking a dive into the water.
    One of the rescuers has it at home now trying to dry it out.
    If anyone hears of one missing let me know.
    I'll have an update tomorrow and post in Lost and Found.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Seems to have recovered a bit from his ordeal but still very nervous. Has found a corner to settle and pops out to have a drink etc. Seems to have been well looked after so could have escaped from one of the apartments around there.
    Will try to get it checked for chip and get a photograph once he relaxes a bit more.
    I suppose it's possible he could have arrived attached to a car as well as he seemed completely confused by the surroundings before he decided to go for his midnight swim.
    The usual rescue agencies, GBFM etc have been notified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I saw a sign in Salthill Garda Stn yesterday where someone was looking for a lost cat. Same cat had a black patch on its nose area. Don't know if it's the same cat but if it sounds like it might be, maybe give Salthill Gardaí a call.

I saw a sign in Salthill Garda Stn yesterday where someone was looking for a lost cat. Same cat had a black patch on its nose area. Don't know if it's the same cat but if it sounds like it might be, maybe give Salthill Gardaí a call.

Thanks @Carmen Hundreds Greyhound. No black on this one though.
    Pics now in Neactains, Padraigs, Lostandfoundpets.ie, Lostandfound.ie, Galway cat rescue, Twitter, various Facebooks etc. Boards won't let me post pic for some reason??

She is suffering from 'Pink Eye - Conjunctivitus' but vet doesn't know if that was caused by being in the water or if she was already a bit blind hence the erratic behaviour. Apparently other than that she is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Being a cat lover it's been good seeing this post. Well done.

thesandman, did the vet scan for a chip?.

It now looks as tho the rescuer has him/her self a new pet:),

No chip as far as I know. Don't know if she is able to keep it long term. We will worry about that in a week or so if nobody claims it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

The guy living above Bar 8 I think has it. A lad in his late 40's has pulled it in before off the road. I think it's his. Try him.

Staring at moving traffic. How it isn't street pizza I don't know.

Cheers @siltirocker. Do you mean before Thursday? If not it was probably us who were spotted.
    I'll call up to them and check anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Thursday night. About 10/11.

Ah that was us. I was trying to keep it in off the road. Almost had her at one stage before she decided to head across again as soon as the next line of traffic came along. The lad from 8 was one of the rescuers from the water. She really had a death wish didn't she?
    Thanks for posting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

If ye don't find an owner I can take a kitty :) have one happy camper already.

• Advertisement

da_shivsta wrote: »
    If ye don't find an owner I can take a kitty :) have one happy camper already.

Thanks for that.
    I presume you're not near a road? Her current minders love her but it would not be safe where they live.
    If nobody claims her in a week or so and her vets visits are finished I will probably be getting on to you.
    I'll be talking to the others later for an update. Thanks again :-)

Advertisement