Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barber in greystones.

Options
  • 01-03-2013 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys Im new to the area and was wondering could anyone recommend a good barber?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i've gone to declans for years, never a problem, nice staff too.

It is beside the bridge over the train tracks to the left as you are coming into the town from the north. La Touche place.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jungledrums

Yabuddy
    There is sports cuts beside Supervalu and champs, if you want a posh cut, beside the credit union.
    In fairness haircuts are pretty generic for us blokes so take your pick!
    Welcome to 'stones

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

7 euro for my hair cut in Dublin last week near Jervis street. A mate got his hair cut close to baggot street yesterday, 25 euro! He did get a beer though (expensive beer)

Not sure of the prices in Greystones.

Do any of the Greystones "barbers" do anything more than a hair cut. They're more hair dressers than proper barbers aren't they!

I had a hair cut in England many moons ago, the chap used a cut throat razor on my neck and side burns, a string/dental floss to pluck the hairs between my eye brows and then he burnt the hairs in my nose and ears. Serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

FirstIn wrote: »
    7 euro for my hair cut in Dublin last week near Jervis street. A mate got his hair cut close to baggot street yesterday, 25 euro! He did get a beer though (expensive beer)

Not sure of the prices in Greystones.

Do any of the Greystones "barbers" do anything more than a hair cut. They're more hair dressers than proper barbers aren't they!

I had a hair cut in England many moons ago, the chap used a cut throat razor on my neck and side burns, a string/dental floss to pluck the hairs between my eye brows and then he burnt the hairs in my nose and ears. Serious.

I think Sweeney Todd barbers does all that too.

Sweeney Todd's Barber Shop
    Theatre Lane, Meridian Point,
    Greystones,
    Co. Wicklow,
    Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

FirstIn wrote: »
    7 euro for my hair cut in Dublin last week near Jervis street.
    A lot of places in Dublin charging €7, but you'll pay at least 50% extra in Greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 stevieb3186

I am very picky when it comes to my hair and when i moved to greystones i went to Sweeney Todds, it was a pleasure, ive been going ever since,

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bogeak

+1 Sports Cuts Greystones, Ivan (the best).

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

I am very picky when it comes to my hair and when i moved to greystones i went to Sweeney Todds, it was a pleasure, ive been going ever since,

+1 for Sweeney Toods.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Sweeney Todds couldn't agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

Declan's is very good too, thankfully I work in city centre so €6 on a Monday/Tuesday and €7 rest of week but Declans I think a tenner which is reasonable and more than enough for a gents haircut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

Declan's charge 14 euro for a dry cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

€14 is more than... more than enough for a dry cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 yabuddy

Thanks for the replies guys. I eventually ended up going to sport cuts. Happy enough with the haircut but I was disappointed that the barber didn't use an open razor to clean up my cat hairs etc. Probably try sweeney todds next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

How much is a dry cut in Sweeney Todds?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Vokes wrote: »
    How much is a dry cut in Sweeney Todds?

Mon-Wed €12, the rest of the time €14 for a gents dry cut (was there myself on Saturday).

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

Just back from Sweeney Todds, €11. Great cut/service, will be going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Just back from Sweeney Todds, €11. Great cut/service, will be going again.
    That's decent value. You'll find cheaper in Bray, but then again you have to get there and spend time in Bray, which to be honest nobody wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Anybody use the barber in Frank Clarkes old shop at the entrance to the Meridien ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Just back form Sports Cuts myself.

she charged me 9.50 by mistake lol gave her a tenner though, good service.

Sweeney Todds is a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

€11 is a rip-off?

I don't have much in the way of hair, but it sounds reasonable to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

loyatemu wrote: »
    €11 is a rip-off?

I don't have much in the way of hair, but it sounds reasonable to me.

As far as I knew it was 14 down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

There will be a barbers in the new Go Gym when it opens too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 1176

Cerco wrote: »
    Anybody use the barber in Frank Clarkes old shop at the entrance to the Meridien ?

I think they are called Champs,Went there on Saturday, 18euro for a dry cut and complete joke of a haircut, not what I asked for and just an awkward look! Which I'll have to have fixed.
    Had long hair for years so not used to barbers but got a haircut at the box cutter in town bout a month ago 13 euro and a great cut I assumed all barbers would be as talented. I would not recommend champs at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

mqdefault.jpg

Can't say I had a brilliant experience at Champs either, I've only been once and won't be going back - not so nice attitude. It's amazing what impact one person can have on a business.

I went to the new Harbour Barbour for my last cut, they had a promo on for 10euro dry cut till the end of June. Not sure how much it is now. The woman there had cut my hair previously at Sports Cuts so it was nice to know what I was getting at a new establishment! Nice person and the cut was decent, not butchered!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement