Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vaping and stomach issues?

Options
  • 01-03-2013 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,
    I am vaping for 3 months as you can see in my signature.
    I was reading in an italian forum that many people are experiencing a worsening of their reflux symptoms when they started vaping.
    Now few people are trying to understand if could be the nicotine (as they usually say for analogic cigarettes), or vg-pg or some kind of aromas.

As I have some problems with my stomach and the in last month started to get worse, I am trying to understand.

I am still sure that the normal cigarettes are worse... but do you have any related experience?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

hi i dont have stomatch problems but if i use nic at 24 mg i get heartburn! if i reduce the levep i get no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

No issues for me bar the dry mouth and the empty wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

I noticed more gas coming our my exhaust since i started vaping :D
    I think I still pass the emission tests though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

are you drinking enough water/neutral fluids? saliva is a natural [mild] acid neutraliser and vaping does tend to dry the mouth. nic content might also play a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Makes me sweat like a motherfudger if I overdo it, also get a fairly raspy throat in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Yep I am drinking,
    well it's a problem that I had before ecig so I don't think that's the cause.
    I was asking because other people referred it seemed to be related...
    thanks!

hmm. maybe look at your diet then, lots of foods and drinks can cause acid reflux. i gave up cider [the champagne of student life], certain spirits [goodbye forever gin and tonic!] dairy, fizzy drinks, raw onions and peppers [the effing scourge of irish ''salads''] certain acidic teas and coffees, anything deep fried... worked for me. if it's persistant and painful though maybe a trip to your GP might be in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

artyeva wrote: »
    i gave up so many things it's barely worth waking in the morning...worked for me.

How do you cope, you poor thing? Do what my GF does and overdose on Rennies.

well today I am going to the gp and see what he says..
    anyway I will keep vaping :P

( ah and I gave up everything.. chocolate, drinks, alcohol, fried food... just can't give up a couple of espresso a day...)

jsabina wrote: »
    well today I am going to the gp and see what he says..
    anyway I will keep vaping tongue.png

( ah and I gave up everything.. chocolate, drinks, alcohol, fried food... just can't give up a couple of espresso a day...)

aw i hope you get sorted.
    grindle wrote: »
    How do you cope, you poor thing? Do what my GF does and overdose on Rennies.

rennies are just plaster of paris with mint flavouring though! i don't miss any of the things i gave up tbh. apart from the convenience of cow's milk in tea when you go to someone's house or yer in a café/restaurant or somefink. some irish food businesses have some weird inverse snobbery issues when it comes to being asked for soy/nut/rice milk so i don't tend to ask often :o

• Advertisement

aw i hope you get sorted.

I won't believe what the gp told me.
    First of all she asked me if I smoke.. I said: no I quit 4 months ago..
    She: NO NO YOU DO SMOKE
    I said no I don't, I use the electronic cigarette
    She.. ok... let's see.. mmmmh are you sure? YOU DO SMOKE I can smell it
    :mad::confused::mad::mad::mad:
    she wouldn't believe me!!!

Well at the end as I have some cough in the night (I suppose still related to reflux) she said: YOU should inhale some vapor twice a day
    :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

My friend was finding her digestion after meals was really bad when she stopped smoking and started vaping. She said this always happened when she tries to quit. She was having a rollie after her meals then and started cutting down (having less and less of the rollie) until she stopped and no more problems. Her theory is that one of the thousands of chemicals was helping her digestion and she needed to wean herself off. Hope things get better for you!

jsabina wrote: »
    she said: YOU should inhale some vapor twice a day
    :eek::D

huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

I think you maybe right with this, I do suffer from mild reflux quite often and I can remember a couple of occasions where I put too much liquid into my cart and inadvertently swallowed a bit of liquid that spilled out which resulted in me almost instantly getting bad heartburn. Still though, better than smoking normal cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

are you drinking enough water/neutral fluids? saliva is a natural [mild] acid neutraliser and vaping does tend to dry the mouth. nic content might also play a factor.

I dont get this. I've seen a few people on here state that their mouth is dry from vaping. I'm exactly the opposite.
    Those of you who remember Spitting Image should think of the Roy Hattersley puppet. That's what I feel like. It's a feckin' fountain.

As for other side effects? I had atrocious headaches along with really bad sinus pain in the first 3 to 4 weeks after starting vaping. I'd never experienced this before when I quit smoking. But its been plain sailing for the last 10 weeks.
    Some heartburn ... but thats only when I have the thing permanently attached to my lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Interesting. I've just realised that I haven't had heartburn ......since.....I started vaping 6 months ago.

Calibos wrote: »
    Interesting. I've just realised that I haven't had heartburn ......since.....I started vaping 6 months ago.

great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

I had some stomach problems on my 2nd week vaping/off the smokes. Lasted about a week, just a really bloated and acidy kinda feeling. Popped as many Rennies as I could and stuck it out for the week. Nothing since then, plain sailing. I'm almost 7 months off now.

Jericho. wrote: »
    I had some stomach problems on my 2nd week vaping/off the smokes. Lasted about a week, just a really bloated and acidy kinda feeling. Popped as many Rennies as I could and stuck it out for the week. Nothing since then, plain sailing. I'm almost 7 months off now.

Cool,
    so maybe my problems are not related and the italian people on the other forum should stop to eat pizza :D joking
    thanks for all the answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Yeah happened to me too for a few days.

TBH I think it's the body craving out for something that's in the regular cigarettes

• Advertisement
Advertisement