Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company/Price to network a 3 bed semi-D

Options
  • 01-03-2013 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I will be totally renovating my home in the coming months and will have the opportunity to install a proper home wired network.
    There will be a central heating system going in, so I was thinking with floorboards coming, up and with walls etc being renovated then its a good time.

I want to future proof the installation and was thinking of a High Cat cable or even fibre.

I could probably retro fit a Gb Cat6 cable structure myself, but was thinking if there was a company that was competitively priced to give me a professional consultation/installation then it might be worth price.

Anyone any recommendation?
    Not just for company's - anything.

Ta in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rugrat69

Hi
    Cat6 or 6a would be sufficient fibre will drive your costs up and not really benefit you from a use age point as most nic cards are still presenting in rj45. You have to think of what devices and applications you are planning and using. If you run in the cable now it is there for good and make sure you get a good quality copper cable and stay well away from Cca copper as it causes serious headaches as devices tend not to work on this cable that's why it is cheaper as it is only 40% copper. You could do the terminations yourself if you get the correct tools and testers.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

If you're comfortable with the final fitting yourself you could always get an electrician to run the cables, I believe that's what some companies do anyway.

Advertisement