Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Street

Options
  • 01-03-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

anyone know what happened to O'Neill's Shop (think that's the name), the one in Michael Street, next to the pound shop, opposite AIB atm. Passed yesterday and noticed its all boarded up with some security sign on the boards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Swinng

The owner closed up.
    Not sure of the details if the owner shut up or the banks came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

O'NEILLS SHOP RAIDED AND DESTROYED BY STUDENT TOWRAGS THE NIGHT PREVIOUS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

STOP SHOUTING because until I see any sort of proof that story is a ****e rumour.

I thought it would have closed a long time ago tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

sorry mate having to hol ddown shift key now as caps lock is stuck on laptop regards brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Relis is the newsagents of Ballybroken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

mike65 wrote: »

A right kip of a shop, im surprised it hasnt closed down years ago.

Back in the day (over 20 years ago) it was great for picking up back issues of Kerrang and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I always used to go there when I was a kid before the cinema. Sad to see it go really but I'm not surprised, I can't imagine they did much business and I'd say Dealz all but knocked them out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is that closed/closing:eek:

Nope, the OP was on about a different named shop (see edit) he thought was called Relis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

O Neills in Dungarvan is also closed down, not sure if they were the same owners though. Waterford looks a real sorry sight these days with all the closed down shops and general air of misery. Its really only CIty Square that draws any kind of of footfall and even that is average at best. Sadly the post-Winterval slump saw a lot of shops suffering and closed down. If these landlords dont stop the upward only rents then we are gonna see even more of this. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

The o'neils in wexford are also closed. They were all owned by the same guy. I am unsure if he's bar in wexford is also closed.
    In lombard street shop he tried to sell before he went under.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    The o'neils in wexford are also closed. They were all owned by the same guy. I am unsure if he's bar in wexford is also closed.
    In lombard street shop he tried to sell before he went under.

Bobby O Neil is the guy that had several O'Neils sweet shops around the south east also the South 51 pub in Wexford town. He has opened a new sweet shop in Wexford Town in a differant locoation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Back in the day (over 20 years ago) it was great for picking up back issues of Kerrang and the like.

They still can get and hold any mag for you these days and are very obliging people. The Rellis's are extremely nice people too and don't deserve to be insulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

They still can get and hold any mag for you these days and are very obliging people. The Rellis's are extremely nice people too and don't deserve to be insulted.

Hmm, wouldnt agree with you there, the guy is nice but his wife I found always rushes you and hasnt the best manner. Im very surprised its still going, it must only be their long standing customers and the after-mass crowd because the shop needs a major facelift.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hmm, wouldnt agree with you there, the guy is nice but his wife I found always rushes you and hasnt the best manner. Im very surprised its still going, it must only be their long standing customers and the after-mass crowd because the shop needs a major facelift.

I think a lot of people like that type of shop. Cahills in Tramore is an example, a very popular shop but its completely unorganised and a bit of challenge to get around.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

i love old shops like that, and characters behind the counter. those people always have a word for ya when you go in. i love the clutter and disorganisation, it give the place character.

Advertisement