Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive Club - PS4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Less is more for me when it comes to design and colour.

337202.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I think it's only the club owner that can change it.

That's a shame. I'll keep trying so.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I'm a member of the boardsies club. I try and get on for a bit each night and try one of the challenges but I'm not really sure what else to do?

Im the same and I stared the club! I just aim to hammer multiplayer. When I see anyone else in the club on Ill try and get together in a group.
    Im away fromthe middle of next week and will have a few other games when I come home so wont be playing much for a while - if anyone else wants to take over the club let me know, I can transfer ownership.

That's a shame. I'll keep trying so.

It's a bit ridiculous really, I'm getting all these messages for all the designs and stuff I've unlocked for my club but there of no use to me at all. What's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Can't connect to the club at the moment. Annoying that club cars aren't available when the servers are down. They should let you save them locally and remove them if the club becomes inactive for an extended period.

• Advertisement

I only realised last night that the Ignition expansion pack is free :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Any room in any of the clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Damien360 wrote: »
    Search for Hell Kommanders. I am in that with another few boardsies. Think the other one is full.
    Varik wrote: »
    Any room in any of the clubs

See if the one above has any space. The others are full

It's a bit ridiculous really, I'm getting all these messages for all the designs and stuff I've unlocked for my club but there of no use to me at all. What's the point?

To make your car pretty of course.

In all seriousness though it'd be cool if there was a way of putting your own logo on like the boards logo for example but obviously too many problems with allowing that.

To make your car pretty of course.

In all seriousness though it'd be cool if there was a way of putting your own logo on like the boards logo for example but obviously too many problems with allowing that.

No I mean the club stuff that gets unlocked. It's saying I've all these new designs and emblems and stuff available from the club levelling up but only you can use them. It's all a bit pointless.

I'm surprised you can't put your own stuff on it. GTA does it and I've never seen any problems there.

• Advertisement

No I mean the club stuff that gets unlocked. It's saying I've all these new designs and emblems and stuff available from the club levelling up but only you can use them. It's all a bit pointless.

I'm surprised you can't put your own stuff on it. GTA does it and I've never seen any problems there.

I see what ya mean.

I haven't played GTA but I'm surprised if it is the case.
    Surely it opens itself up to all sorts of stupidity.

Remember the episode of top gear a few years back in America where they painted slogans etc on their cars.

I haven't played GTA but I'm surprised if it is the case.
    Surely it opens itself up to all sorts of stupidity.

Yeah but like everything these days you can report it. People just need to be a bit mature like myself, I definitely wasn't driving around with a big pair of tits on the bonnet of my car for a while, honestly, I swear.

In fairness though, GTA is an 18s title and there's not much you could create that would be more offensive than some of the content already in the game.
    Driveclub is a different story.

In fairness though, GTA is an 18s title and there's not much you could create that would be more offensive than some of the content already in the game.
    Driveclub is a different story.

True true.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm having a lot of fun with the ingame camera.

92DB87DBCB714B7D92376053F97AA475-0000316742-0003722954-00800L-64823CBA46774281BFB9B8D21EAFA1A4.jpg

FA914655013741A9B5BF9851A523D91F-0000316742-0003722955-00800L-90C47BE123C747EF8D81297C2526406D.jpg

More here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone have any drifting tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Damien360 wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out drifting events yet. Can't get better than one star. Really struggling on these. What is the best technique. Cars with high drift do not seem to work for me.
    tok9 wrote: »
    Try not to go higher than 3rd gear around a corner unless it's a very big turn and just before hitting the drift zone turn the car and tap the handbrake.

You need to be close to the max speed of that drift so you may be better using manual instead of automatic.. I think a lot of people do that.

I use automatic but I can still change the gears while in automatic if I have to.

If none of that helped.. watch a video :P
    Xenji wrote: »
    Anyone have any drifting tips?

Tok9 advise worked for me. Follow the racing line, lots of speed, handbrake longer than just a touch on button, drop gear and plant the accelerator. Works in automatic also.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Anyone in boards club doing the club challenges? There's a drift challenge. I got us to 5th and I wouldn't consider myself to be any good at drifting! So if someone thinks they can drift they should have a bash!

And it's a pity you can't have loads more club members!

Edit: its the m5 drift challenge! And just got us to 3rd on the mazzanti challenge!

Joined up with Hell Kommanders there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Looks fantastic, I take it there isn't going to be a version of this for us humble PS3 users?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Think it was me who sent out a few challenges last night. Easily beaten i'm sure.:pac:

Getting kind of bored with this already, I'm just not very good when it comes to the faster cars, they're very unforgiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Very unforgiving yes but a lot of the fun is learning to handle the hyper cars.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Very unforgiving yes but a lot of the fun is learning to handle the hyper cars.

Yeah, I just get frustrated easily. You race a perfect race for 95% of the track and then some bastard grazes your rear to send you off the track destined to finish last :mad:

The other drivers can be real pricks, I could swear I have been deliberately rammed off the track plenty of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The other drivers can be real pricks

Absolutely. At times it feels like I'm playing NFS Hot Pursuit with the way I'm bashed around at corners. And then you get the penalty, not them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Think the game needs a ghost mode where you cant drive into anyone but still see em as normal. oh and private race room's for club members only!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

god's toy wrote: »
    Think the game needs a ghost mode where you can drive into anyone but still see em as normal. oh and private race room's for club members only!

The time trials are like that, at least when the ghosts load.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Joined up a couple of days ago too.
    Think it was me who sent out a few challenges last night. Easily beaten i'm sure.:pac:

I left the game running when I was heading out. I got a load of notifications on my phone about game invites. Sent you a message to say I wasn't around, but then when I got back I just seen they were challenges. I thought you might have been sitting around in a multi-player lobby waiting :pac:
    The other drivers can be real pricks, I could swear I have been deliberately rammed off the track plenty of times.

Yeah, I'm finding the same thing. It's worse at high speed with a series of left and rights very close together, as they strictly follow the racing line. If you go on the outside they tend to push you off the track. If you go on the inside, because they hug the corner very tightly, you'll have to wait for them to brake and lose all momentum.

I was trying to beat a friends lap time on one particular track, and one of the challenges was to have a clean lap. Every time I was braking for two corners in particular, I was mercilessly punted up the rear by the A.I and lost my clean lap.

Also, the Audi RS5 is a nightmare to control one some high speed stages. It's so easy to off balance and very difficult to correct. I must have had 20 attempts at one particular stage. I couldn't get within 7 seconds of the top of my friend's leaderboard. I changed to the TT, and beat it by 3 seconds at the first attempt.

I'm really enjoying the game so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Hennessey is my go to hyper car, at least until I unlock the last two.

Advertisement