Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive Club - PS4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Because I play the game infrequently I haven't tried the Club aspects of the game yet.
    Tbh there seems to be plenty of more traditional single player fare to keep the lonely gamer quite occupied and happy.
    Also, it feels like MSR and PGR, which makes me purdy happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Because I play the game infrequently I haven't tried the Club aspects of the game yet.
    Tbh there seems to be plenty of more traditional single player fare to keep the lonely gamer quite occupied and happy.
    Also, it feels like MSR and PGR, which makes me purdy happy!

You miss out on some club only cars, some of which are very good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Varik wrote: »
    You miss out on some club only cars, some of which are very good.

Oh good, more nice things to look at as I slide off the track sideways!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Big Knox wrote: »
    It's De7rag. Won't be in game until about midnight, thanks!

Sorry man, didn't get on last night, will send ya an invite later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

liking the idea of the boards challenge thing put up last night, those lotus are a handful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Actually be cool enough if we all knew the different clubs.

I'm in the facts and we're at level 25 now although I don't think that really matters to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

If anyone needs my space in boardsies work away. I'm not getting much time to play it at the min

tok9 wrote: »
    Actually be cool enough if we all knew the different clubs.

I'm in the facts and we're at level 25 now although I don't think that really matters to be honest.

There currently a challenge going on with all the clubs invited i believe. I'm expecting my time to be smashed by this evening.

It's De7rag. Won't be in game until about midnight, thanks!

Sorry man, just saw Boards Eire is now full. There were 2 empty spaces last night. Looks like a space will be freed up in Boardsie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sorry man, just saw Boards Eire is now full. There were 2 empty spaces last night. Looks like a space will be freed up in Boardsie

Yeah it was full last night when I logged on, no worries man thanks for the invite. I've joined another club for now but if a space opens up I'll jump in.

First impressions are very good. I usually get bored of true sims fairly quick but I really like the mix in this and driving in cockpit view is glorious.

• Advertisement

Yupp I kinda wished it forced Cockpit because of the difference it makes to the game, just superb. Except for Drift events, have to go to chase cam for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Yupp I kinda wished it forced Cockpit because of the difference it makes to the game, just superb. Except for Drift events, have to go to chase cam for those.

I can't drive for peanuts inside so I use the bonnet cam. Challanges are a good idea. You can invite all the boards clubs. Think I set one up earlier. Club up over level 10 now too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gran Turismo and Ridge Racer have me ruined, I can only play when I can see the car, absolutely useless with cockpit cam.

I never used to touch Cockpit view until Shift 2. Was a difficult transition as I always used chase/behind the car cam but once I got used to it, I had to use it in ever sim(ish) racer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I hate chase cams in racers. I think they only make sense for people who don't drive in real life. When I was younger I swore by them, but once I started driving it had to be internal view for me. The problem is that I still don't quite like cockpit cams, they obscure too much, so it's the highly unrealistic bonnet cam for me. I must try to wean myself off that and onto cockpit cams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Going to pick this up tonight I think, I tried to get it on store though and it says unavailable as I'm a ps plus member? I take it it's the €25 add on listed I should be getting instead?

Going to pick this up tonight I think, I tried to get it on store though and it says unavailable as I'm a ps plus member? I take it it's the €25 add on listed I should be getting instead?

Ye

Xenji wrote: »
    Gran Turismo and Ridge Racer have me ruined, I can only play when I can see the car, absolutely useless with cockpit cam.

I thought no one used anything other than the default bumper can in Ridge Racer.
    Certainly that is the only way to play the original in the arcade and the port on the PS must only be played that way.
    Since then its been the only way to go unless its an arcade racer like Mario Kart or Split Second/ Blur

If it was with Oculus rift or morpheus I would but it's too limited on a TV.

Wish there was a rear view mirror that could be use in the other views as well.

Oh Man Morpheus on this game would be unbelievable! Anyone up for some online racing in the next half hour? Have only played single player tour so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Can't believe the review scores this got. Honestly it's is the best racer I've played since Gran Turismo 2. I know they've put a lot of work in since launch and it's very different now but it's hard to think how they could release it like that with the potential it obviously had/has. The driving is just fun!

However I can't get the hang of drifting at all. I'll have to watch some videos later maybe as I can't get past 1 star in most of the drift events! :o

However I can't get the hang of drifting at all. I'll have to watch some videos later maybe as I can't get past 1 star in most of the drift events! :o

I'm definitely no expert in drifting but I found an improvement in my technique last night. Coming up to a corner, take your foot off accelarator, hand brake and ease the analogue stick into the turn (how ever severe it is) and then press back down on accelarator. That really starts to drive the drive and get an easy 1000 points per turn. The problem I'm having is getting the right angle into the turns. I either angle to sharp or not enough.

Most reviewers that have revisited the game, in spite of an earlier scathingly bad assessment, have concurred that Drive Club is outstanding tbh, with the free dlc going a long way to apologise.
    That said, I'd still be pretty annoyed to have bought it at launch and had to wait the months for the game to be finished.
    I bought it at around €40 in December and by that time the game I played resembled the one described on the box, pity those who didn't and paid more.

I still don't think its as good as gt5 or 6. mainly because of the pricks online who just ram you off the road or brake way to early for turns and you end up rear ending them.

boards Eire up to level 14. good few challenges going on, some of the times are insane. can't get near them.

1 more level and we get that class Pagani Super. That will help with some Super lap times. Win the Legend trophy last night. I will definitely be keep an eye to see if that season pass ever goes on sale.

Tried multiplayer and had a great race, only one guy slamming into me and he was actually my team mate (team racing) but left him in the dust. Felt bad for the guy who picked the aston martin when the rest of us were in the Bac Mono, thought he'd never finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'd definitely be up for playing online if anyone wanted to.

nearly have us up to 15. Flying up the levels.

I'd be up for some online later.

zonda is unlocked now for anyone interested.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    zonda is unlocked now for anyone interested.

Nice! There are a few Hyper races where i can't get the 1st or 2nd medals, need something a bit more wieldly than the Venum.

Advertisement