Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So best place to get HOS?

• 01-03-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Well i wont be able to stay away from this one, even if i havent played in ages.

Where is the best place to get it? I am not going for collectors edition this time. I am just looking for cheapest.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

gamestop.ie is 35 euro, amazon.co.uk is 32 euro w/ free shipping

you'll get it quite a bit sooner with gamestop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gamestop.ie is 35 euro, amazon.co.uk is 32 euro w/ free shipping

you'll get it quite a bit sooner with gamestop

GameStop gets up to 38 when you add up shipping.

Dunno about amazon. Is that price already in the basket at checkout out? Their exchange rate is a lot of balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

GameStop gets up to 38 when you add up shipping.

Dunno about amazon. Is that price already in the basket at checkout out? Their exchange rate is a lot of balls.

You can pay in pounds sterling and let your bank do the conversion by switching off amazon currency converter at the checkout, AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone know the best place to get the sc2 bundle, wings of liberty and heart of the swarm? I know it's on battle.net but wondering is it cheaper anywhere else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Is it cheaper to buy it online for DL? Will it be available for DL even?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I just checked battle.net and it says it costs €15 euro for me buy HOTS... wtf. I already paid €40 for it a month ago. Did I just lose €25?

Nevermind that's €15 to upgrade to the digital deluxe edition which includes:

StarCraft II Torrasque Ultralisk and three swarm-infested portraits
    Exclusive Zerg baneling pet for World of Warcraft
    Diablo III Queen of Blades hero wings and Zerg banner sigils

Cosmetic enhancements for only €15, two for games I don't even own? What a bargain!

Grimebox wrote: »
    I just checked battle.net and it says it costs €15 euro for me buy HOTS... wtf. I already paid €40 for it a month ago. Did I just lose €25?

Nevermind that's €15 to upgrade to the digital deluxe edition which includes:

StarCraft II Torrasque Ultralisk and three swarm-infested portraits
    Exclusive Zerg baneling pet for World of Warcraft
    Diablo III Queen of Blades hero wings and Zerg banner sigils

Cosmetic enhancements for only €15, two for games I don't even own? What a bargain!

I own both and it is still a stupid deluxe edition.

In SC2 you will still use some banner that is hard to get, not something, that almost everyone has. It defeats the purpuse of "exclusive" stuff. Same with WOW. Diablo 3? Who the hell cared about banners?!?!?!

.ak wrote: »
    Is it cheaper to buy it online for DL? Will it be available for DL even?

So far it is almost same. I am holding back until release date. Maybe some good deal drops in, if not, i might just get it of gamestop after work or directly from blizzards as it is 39.99eu in both places.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

If you plan to get it from Amazon you should go through teamliquid's store:

http://www.teamliquid.net/store/starcraft2

Its the same price and they get a small cut which goes back into the community.

Does anyone know how the switch over will work? Will the game just be available to play come the 12th without download? I would hate to be in a queue of people trying to download worldwide. Surely Blizzard know what they're doing at this stage

Doesn't look too good :ohttp://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6787819373

Apparently you will have to download the game come midnight of the 12th. Is piracy that bad that you can't preload the game? Steam has been doing it for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If you buy it from blizzard, you automatically pre-load it when you start the launcher. Says it at the bottom in small writing. I'm at about 12 gigs out of 14 at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Kirby wrote: »
    If you buy it from blizzard, you automatically pre-load it when you start the launcher. Says it at the bottom in small writing. I'm at about 12 gigs out of 14 at the moment.

I think that is happening for everyone, lots of people complaining online that their install directory has doubled in size and they now have a massive 6gb file sitting in their cache that is for HotS even though they didn't buy the game yet :pac:

That would explain why the last patch was so big

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I got SC2 and HOS for 59.99 on battle.net

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

dardoz wrote: »

Those key sites are dodgy, won't even load now.

€28 here

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19838/StarCraft-2-Heart-Of-The-Swarm-CD-Key-Download-PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

ShaneU wrote: »

Those key sites are dodgy, won't even load now.

€28 here

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19838/StarCraft-2-Heart-Of-The-Swarm-CD-Key-Download-PC

Is this site legit, I know some sites aren't exactly as reliable as others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's 100% legit

Advertisement