Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted Engagement Ring!!

• 01-03-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I have an engagement ring which I no longer require + am just wondering if anybody knows of jewellers in the Limerick area that would buy it from me. It has 4 diamonds so cash for gold is not an option + it cost about 4000 euros.
    Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Good job on not jumping to any conclusions..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ring gleesons goldsmiths in Shannon who deals in diamonds as well as being a ring manufacturer.

OP asked where the ring can be sold. Why are ye saying give it back to the buyer when ye have no idea what the situation is? Maybe the OP is the buyer. OP you could get it valued and put it on adverts. Plenty of engagement rings for sale there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

shaaane wrote: »
    OP asked where the ring can be sold. Why are ye saying give it back to the buyer when ye have no idea what the situation is? Maybe the OP is the buyer. OP you could get it valued and put it on adverts. Plenty of engagement rings for sale there.
    I agree.

I'm sure that some engagement rings are being sold too because of mortgage arrears. I'd hate to part with my engagement ring but if it was choice between keeping a nice ring or saving my home I'd let it go.

OP - I recommend getting an independent valuation and putting it on Adverts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post:

The OP asked a very simple question. The next person who wants to make what they think is a smart arse, funny, or frankly judgemental sounding comment towards the OP gets infracted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Nowhere in limerick will buy it.Theyre only interested in the gold.Get it valued and put it up on adverts/donedeal.It should have some kind of certificate with it anyway stating its value when it was bought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

http://www.lar.ie/
    Limerick Auction Rooms will put it up for auction for you or find a buyer. And you will get more than just scrap value. Methinks sometimes jewelers around the city buy rings for "scrap" and then sell them on again for 10-fold profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Ebay

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

There are a few antique jewellery stores in Limerick. They must buy their stock somewhere presumably?

Can't recall the name of the one on Roches Street, but it's opposite Moody Cow Milkshakes.

You could also try Pauline Fenton on Ellen Street.

Advertisement