Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could I ask you to try our game? Its finished and live!

• 01-03-2013 12:09pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://appstore.com/thejumpescapethecity

Recently we asked for testers on this forum and a big bunch of you helped us out. This is the fruits of that labour. :)

The game is now live in Ireland and going world wide this Sunday! I would love people to play it. Its been a bit of a dream to make games for me and this is our first professional offering! (and we think its a lot of fun :) )

Thanks and please rate it (and maybe "like" it?) if you would, whatever you think its worth!

http://appstore.com/thejumpescapethecity

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nice and will do..

when's the boards app coming along? or any chance of linking it to tapatalk etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Will download this evening and give it a go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Matthewjohn

Downloading it now, looks cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Got it on my iPhone, it's got that "ahhh just one more go..." vibe. Congrats, great work :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Currently downloading.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Crashes on the loading screen for me.
    iPhone 5 on latest iOS update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Arrgghhhhh I keep crashing the car!
    Thanks Devore the housework won't be getting done for the next while, so addictive!

Edit; playing on 4s, loading & playing perfectly

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hehe, if you look at our trailer... its right there in big letters "No one said it was going to be easy!" :)
    But the track isnt just random stuff... we've designed it and you can learn it so over time you will get there. (invincibility helps *cough*)

I'm a little worried about the iPhone 5 report there. Is anyone else playing on an iPhone 5? Is it ok for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Looks good, when will it be available in the UK iTunes store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gordon wrote: »
    Looks good, when will it be available in the UK iTunes store?
    We're hoping early next week. The current plan is to put it worldwide on Sunday night but we might want to test it a little more because of the occasional crash reports...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I'm playing this since the beta.Got the finished game from the App Store and never had any problems on the iPhone 5 great game well done again lads! For everyone asking about the uk App Store etc just set up an Irish account and get the game today!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I got a crash when I swiped down to choose a power up while invincible and floating over a gap in the road.

Also, is there a way to not to have to choose a power up if you accidentally swipe down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Yakuza wrote: »
    I got a crash when I swiped down to choose a power up while invincible and floating over a gap in the road.

Thanks for the info - any more detail on this - did the game freeze?
    Yakuza wrote: »
    Also, is there a way to not to have to choose a power up if you accidentally swipe down?

We thought about this but the problem is that it can be abused if you can slomo, then cancel. One idea for next update is you can cancel but lose the slomo for that powerup, but can still activate it manually without swiping down...

Btw - game forum for bug reports etc. is over here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1568

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Plays great on the iPad 3.
    Great work

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LadyofLucan

Let my 12 yr old play it to see if he liked it.
    He played for an hr till my battery went dead, so it gets a thumbs up from him..:)
    Not from me though, now I'll never have my phone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭DublinDIYguy

Cool game, gets very hard when your within 5k.. Its the kind of game I get a serious urge to have to finish though, only problem is I reckon I'd need the restart & the invincibility to do that. And seen as you only get an extra 250 coins or so each time you play and those 2 power ups cost 4,500 I have to play about 20 games without a power up just to gather enough coins to have the 2 I want.. That could frustrate me enough to delete the game..
    My suggestion would be either to give one free power up each game or award more coins, maybe the amount of points achieved divided by 100...
    But I think it's a really cool game all in all, with cool sounds to match.. If you let it go for free for a couple of weeks till it takes off then charge .79c, it should sell..
    Or if you leave this one for free and charge for the follow ups when ppl r hooked
    Best of luck

Advertisement