Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total noob..needs help

Options
  • 01-03-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

hi all,
    just started using a nicolite that i picked up in a garage,was happy enough but its a disposable and there has to be a better way of doing this.
    had a read though a few threads here and a good few of the links contained are dead.

whats the best for a starter to get,a liquid based cig or a cartridge based one,i'm easy either way
    thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

The links you've found to the recommended starter kit are likely dead as that site is down today and yesterday, not sure when it's due back tbh, might hear today.

In the meantime, you can get a good starter kit from here: http://www.vaperus.ie/basic-vaping-kits/139-clearo-twist-900.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

These bleedin Kangers are all I see recommended these days and while I'm sure the majority here found them great I was underwhelmed with them so I'll dare to suggest you try a couple of Dual Coil cartos (XL or Ego) with a few sample liquids and a couple of ego batteries. Simple and keeping me happy for the last year easily. O.k. I'll let the regular Kanger service resume now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭stan 117

cheers guys
    how long does a 10ml liquid bottle last?
    i take it all the tanks are 0.5ml
    .05ml = bout 20 cigs?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

stan 117 wrote: »
    cheers guys
    how long does a 10ml liquid bottle last?
    i take it all the tanks are 0.5ml
    .05ml = bout 20 cigs?

It really is different for everyone to be honest not to mention different devices will use up varying amounts of liquid at different speeds. You'll have to give it a try and see. A 30ml bottle will last less than a week for me as a fairly heavy user.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I get a bit longer than mewso out of them. About 10 days for a 30ml bottle. Am using the famous Kangers and would have it in constant use :-) Hopefully e-smokeireland will be back up soon and you can have a look at the links that have been posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Hi,

I dont Smoke myself but I know a number of family member that have all gone to electronic and all have ended up using the following brand:-http://www.greensmoke.co.uk/

They say it is much better than the rest. They are not widely available in ireland (Unless you are in tramore), but we order off the website with no issues and there always seemd to be offers once you register.

best of luck

Oh and dont confuse this with smokegreen.ie which my family also tried but said not as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

You can start with Ego type batteries and clearomizers or whatever they called. I am still confused about the terminologies. I found titaninum clearomizers from ezsmoke better than others i have tried so far. You can get them for around fiver and wicks for around two euros.

For juices I tried few but I am sticking with Ry4 from hangsen for my all day vaping. How long the juices will last depend on how do you vape. If you vape as you used to smoke 10ml may last you a week. To me 30ml lasts 3 weeks. It is easy to get addicted to these more as you can smoke in many places you didn't before:D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭stan 117

the terminologies take a bit of getting used to alrite..will try that site again later and hope its up..for now its back to the garage to get another nicolite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

mewso wrote: »
    Dual Coil cartos

How do they work for you?

You need the higher voltages to get the performance out of a dual coil, just wondering why or how people can be satisfied on normal eGos unless what's being called a dual-coil isn't actually a dual-coil.
    If I was going the carto route, LR Boges all the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

heh, just looking at the titanium coil clearo on ezsmoke

comes with a 1.2ohm coil and they're reccommending a variable voltage. what'e the amp limit on a twist, 2.5? you'd get up to 3.6 before it limited itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

These bleedin Kangers are all I see recommended these days and while I'm sure the majority here found them great I was underwhelmed with them so I'll dare to suggest you try a couple of Dual Coil cartos (XL or Ego) with a few sample liquids and a couple of ego batteries. Simple and keeping me happy for the last year easily. O.k. I'll let the regular Kanger service resume now :)

I have a couple of kanger t2's and a couple of kanger t3's, they get used as backups mainly, very easy to use, which is why I would recommended them to someone upgrading from disposables or 'garage kits' :) Combined with the ego twists so the voltage is adjustable, make it a good solution for anyones tastes.

I've tried the dual coil carts and the lr boge carts, found them to be great performers too, only drawbacks are the need for a roll of tissue for the cleanup in aisle 5 after overfilling them and I get a taste from the filler material/chance of drying out and burning.

I had a go of the greensmoke ones, they were ok, better than disposables, but don't come close to both types above imo.

The rebuildable Aga-T+ (NOT for starters!), is finally working well with a stainless steel U wick, but the hassle of making it work right everytime is not worth the great vape it gives.

The king for vape quality for me is still the dripper. Easy to setup and use, great flavour and throat hit everytime, even on an ego twist battery.

OP is requesting a decent starter kit and with ESI down, the same kit is available here for around the same price, just with a little less juice.

stan 117, if you can wait for ESI to come back, go for that as you get 5 different flavours to try with their kit, more chance of hitting one you will like :)

grindle wrote: »
    How do they work for you?

You need the higher voltages to get the performance out of a dual coil, just wondering why or how people can be satisfied on normal eGos unless what's being called a dual-coil isn't actually a dual-coil.
    If I was going the carto route, LR Boges all the way.

Pretty sure all Dual Coil cartos are Low Resistance. The Ego (Mega) ones are anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

ESI is back now,

Their kit has a great selection of sample liquids.

Pretty sure all Dual Coil cartos are Low Resistance. The Ego (Mega) ones are anyway.

They measure as low resistance, but a 1.5ohm DC is composed of two 3ohm coils that meet at the posts. Halves the resistance to anything that measures.
    Each coil receives half the total wattage output.
    The heat would be roughly the same as a 1.5ohm single coil at the same voltage, but the vapour production should be (was for me) practically non-existent, like using two 3ohm Boges on a standard eGo at the same time.

They measure as low resistance, but a 1.5ohm DC is composed of two 3ohm coils that meet at the posts. Halves the resistance to anything that measures.
    Each coil receives half the total wattage output.
    The heat would be roughly the same as a 1.5ohm single coil at the same voltage, but the vapour production should be (was for me) practically non-existent, like using two 3ohm Boges on a standard eGo at the same time.

Well all I can say is I've been vaping them for months using ego batteries and the hit and vapour is great for me. Go figure.

Exactly my problem - I HAVE to figure it out.

Exactly my problem - I HAVE to figure it out.

Ha well grab one of them and check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

About 1 and half ago I got a Joye ego t battery
    I used to order the dual coil cartomizer

Since then, it seems there has been a world of change!

Now that I outta cartomizers and want to get back in the vaping game

Should I now be looking at clearomizers? these better? And will they fit my old battery?

Got great advice on here before, only wish I had stuck with it!

On a normal eGo battery you should be aiming for a low res set-up (unless you like fairly cool vapes). 1.5-2ohm resistance.
    The clearos are good, but they generally come with higher resistance heads installed. You can buy the lower resistance heads separately.
    LR Boges (IMO) would be a step up from the DCC if you have tanks you don't want to waste.
    Clearos give a cleaner flavour but have multiple issues from leaking to (not) wicking depending on the clearo, but the taste is less filleriffic than a carto.
    Once you're finished with those you'll see us mentioning all sorts of rebuildable things and then...then... :'-(

Ooh, yes, all these devices will fit an eGo battery. Some are eGo threaded for a nice clean look, and others use the 510 threading and will need a thread skirt to not look so mawky.

So is this one a step up from the Dual coil?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/131-510-lr-empty-cartomiser.html

Would there be a good introductory clearomizer I should try out that will fit my ego battery?? Usually get stuff from the bestshop

Should I consider upgrading that battery also? One I have last a few days

• Advertisement

youngblood wrote: »
    So is this one a step up from the Dual coil?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/131-510-lr-empty-cartomiser.html

Would there be a good introductory clearomizer I should try out that will fit my ego battery?? Usually get stuff from the bestshop

Should I consider upgrading that battery also? One I have last a few days

Man, if you can make an eGo last a few days, fair fùcks to you.
    No need to upgrade unless you want to or are flush with cash and want to try something.
    Staying relatively eGo-sized the eGo Twist is the next step up. Dial in the heat that you want/to suit the liquid.
    If you get one of those you can get whatever resistance head you want (up to 2.8-3ohms) and just turn the voltage up or down to suit the resistance.

The Kanger clearos are the best bang for buck. The T2 or T3 are mildly divisive (warm vape, less flavour, slow wicking VS cool vape, more flavour, drip leak) but neither is terrible (unless you start comparing to dripping or something - everything is relative).
    The Kanger eVod looks a good bet at the moment too.
    The carto you posted is the best I've had (others bang on about the Kanger cartomisers, but I never got to try them, and Smok's Dual Coil Cartos are extremely hit and miss - some people get along great with them and somehow get vapour from them on an eGo, others, i.e. me, despise them and they're gurglicious non-vapouriness), but if you do have a carto tank that you want the Boge to fit inside, you need to choose the stainless option, and if it's a long tank (like the DCT) it has to be the XL version.

Cheers for that, got the Kanger clearo & evod

Dont have any switch on my battery to change resistance

Got it a while ago, its a large cell battery, lasts a fair while I have to say

Advertisement