Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

man98 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that Stobart just wet leased planes out to other airlines now?

No, they operate the craft themselves under a franchise agreement. Really rather different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

MYOB wrote: »
    No, they operate the craft themselves under a franchise agreement. Really rather different.

But Stobart Air don't run flights themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Plane Fan

Yah I think Stobart Air are the best option to London possibly under the flybe code share but more likely under aer lingus regional. But there is the chance that flybe might take it too but it's taking while. Hopefully someone will start a London route by summer 2015. I hope that the Manchester route comes back it's seems to be ending in October but no confirmation.

But Stobart Air don't run flights themselves.

They do; they just don't sell the tickets.

Ye flights are stobart crew and planes tickets are jus sold by aer lingus and flybe and fleet is branded respectively

• Advertisement

Plane Fan wrote: »
    Ye flights are stobart crew and planes tickets are jus sold by aer lingus and flybe and fleet is branded respectively
    I'm aware of that, but they don't pick what routes they fly to really. They pick their bases, and Aer Lingus Regional and Flybe have moulded everything around them, but they pick the routes at the end of the day. As has been shown a few pages back, Southend was a bad performer with WAT flights.

I'm aware of that, but they don't pick what routes they fly to really. They pick their bases, and Aer Lingus Regional and Flybe have moulded everything around them, but they pick the routes at the end of the day. As has been shown a few pages back, Southend was a bad performer with WAT flights.

Ye it was a bad performer alright that was the mistake the switch from LTN

Its not that simple. Aer Lingus / Flybe don't dictate their entire route policy at all.

As partof my search for a Waterford - London service, I emailed Etihad Regional (Darwin Airlines) asking to consider a Stansted - Waterford service (they fly Düsseldorf - Stansted) and I got a rather interesting reply. They say they will look into it and (maybe I'm misinterpreting this) "We look forward to welcoming you on board in the near future."

That would be boilerplate put on any response at all most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 aurigny72

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Strong rumour Stobart looking for 40 pilots for next spring, maybe they took up that option on the 4 new ATR's, hopefully WAT in the picture!

Can you give us anymore info on this strong rumour, like where you heard this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

"We look forward to welcoming you on board in the near future.

Yes you are, this is just standard line on an email.

SEN are due to announce more routes soon with Flybe, the airport have WAT in mind but it will be up to Flybe/Stobart if they want to try again.

I would be quietly confident WAT has being discussed!

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Yes you are, this is just standard line on an email.

SEN are due to announce more routes soon with Flybe, the airport have WAT in mind but it will be up to Flybe/Stobart if they want to try again.
    While I may not be PRO-SEN, the route would make money if LTN was unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

aurigny72 wrote: »
    Can you give us anymore info on this strong rumour, like where you heard this from?

Sobart management at Farnborough earlier this year, having a chat with ATR.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jjfcarr/media/grid?idx=4&tid=490159312111939584

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

MAN definitely ending after October according to Flybe customer service.

BHX up to at least April '15.

Southend with flybe/ stobart seems to be our best hope as regards Darwin they are just being polite. I seriously hope that flybe dropping Manchester isn't true. That route developed so much this summer load factor and demand wise 80+ % most days!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

So is BHX the only real route for Waterford now?!

Not a chance of Darwin, they are long out of the picture.

Still in talks with one airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Talks for what kind of route?

I did make a good case to Darwin. Etihad codeshare with EI already, meaning WAT advertised as an EI destination. They pick up passengers etc. It looks much better than the blunt 'no' I got from every single British carrier who bothered replying. Not a hoot from Stobart, BA or WX.

• Advertisement

I did make a good case to Darwin. Etihad codeshare with EI already, meaning WAT advertised as an EI destination. They pick up passengers etc. It looks much better than the blunt 'no' I got from every single British carrier who bothered replying. Not a hoot from Stobart, BA or WX.

Talks with Darwin fell through months ago. Highly unlikely, but they were the front runners for awhile.

Pity, would have loved to see their S2000's in and out.

b757 wrote: »
    Talks with Darwin fell through months ago. Highly unlikely, but they were the front runners for awhile.

Pity, would have loved to see their S2000's in and out.
    Any hint as to why they fell through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

I wouldn't worry about MAN being dropped, if loads/ yields were as good as people here are saying it'll probably be back for S15.

EICVD wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about MAN being dropped, if loads/ yields were as good as people here are saying it'll probably be back for S15.

The loads are definitely good on it

They'll be announcing something in the next month anyway. They won't leave it later than that.

They'll be announcing something in the next month anyway. They won't leave it later than that.

As regards Manchester?

As regards Manchester?

Yep. If it ends in late October...

Yep. If it ends in late October...

Ya there pros won't b an announcement/ update until the summer schedule is launched in late October

Ya there pros won't b an announcement/ update until the summer schedule is launched in late October

According to Flybe " Regarding the Waterford to Manchester flights this route has been withdrawn and the last operating date will be on the 24 October 2014."

• Advertisement

According to Flybe " Regarding the Waterford to Manchester flights this route has been withdrawn and the last operating date will be on the 24 October 2014."

Ahh no that's not good and for the first time in 3 years demand and loads grew. Looks like for the second time in 20 months that I'll b standing at the fence waving goodbye to another Manchester route :(

Advertisement