Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Anyone have an idea of how the two routes are doing to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Anyone have an idea of how the two routes are doing to date?

There's some discussion here from post 51 onwards:

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/550273-vlm-airlines-3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

fr336 wrote: »
    There's some discussion here from post 51 onwards:

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/550273-vlm-airlines-3.html

Interesting, I took this from that fourm :
    Load factors for WAT services:

(Remember, *Each Fokker 50 holds 50pax. *Airports count both inbound and outbound passengers)

WAT-LTN: 192/800 = 24% LF
    BHX-LTN: 35/200 = 17.5% LF

Of course, these figures are hardly representational of how the service will preform, it was started at short notice, with little publicity and the figures are only for 4 days

You really need hiring as a research analyst or something by one of the airlines you'd have a week's work done in a day :p

You really need hiring as a research analyst or something by one of the airlines you'd have a week's work done in a day :p

Ah come on, you posted the link for me and all!

Id prefer to get a nice job in the airline industry though. May look into that someday.

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Ah come on, you posted the link for me and all!

Id prefer to get a nice job in the airline industry though. May look into that someday.

You should, you seem very enthusiastic and full of energy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Doing well so far, loads are after improving an awful lot in the last 2/3 weeks. It will take time. Seen loads of up to 90% on some LTN flights.

I can see a second Sunday flight to Luton if anything happens. MAN possibly on the cards for S16.

Don't mean to be smart, but by just copy/pasting from a rumour forum.

b757 wrote: »

Don't mean to be smart, but by just copy/pasting from a rumour forum.

I was more referring to his general enthusiasm / speed for doing things.

I was more referring to his general enthusiasm / speed for doing things.

I will take the compliment with pleasure, happiness and thanks.

Thanks fr336 :P

I will take the compliment with pleasure, happiness and thanks.

Thanks fr336 :P

You can come to LTN and try to deal with pax like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQK6FxQ2Kd8&app=desktop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Is there any possibility of a direct Waterford - Mainland Europe flight with VLM?

Is there any possibility of a direct Waterford - Mainland Europe flight with VLM?

Very much doubt it, not for a few years anyway until their name builds up.
    Id imagine MAN would be the next if any routes are to come. Maybe then another route may arise but its a while off if ever.

There could be in a number of years. I'd say their goal now would be make both current routes profitable and then expand on that.

You can come to LTN and try to deal with pax like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQK6FxQ2Kd8&app=desktop

Hopefully no-one will have that problem with VLM.
    La Compagnie have made a mess of their Luton operations in fairness though.

Hopefully no-one will have that problem with VLM.
    La Compagnie have made a mess of their Luton operations in fairness though.

It doesn't look good, on a short haul route maybe they could iron out the issues but with New York :eek: The fact the tickets are going cheap says what needs to be said I guess...anyway, off topic, apologies :P

Just looking at the waterford facebook page and I see people complaning in some of the comments about the prices when looking for flights during the summer so I had a look at flights in July and plenty available for €69 over to Luton. Considering that includes 23kg of luggage and a free drink/snack minus travel time and costs to Dublin it is pretty competitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Just looking at the waterford facebook page and I see people complaning in some of the comments about the prices when looking for flights during the summer so I had a look at flights in July and plenty available for €69 over to Luton. Considering that includes 23kg of luggage and a free drink/snack minus travel time and costs to Dublin it is pretty competitive.

Waterford people complaining surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

Flew WAT-LTN WAT yesterday and found it to be an excellent service. On-board service excellent and travel times through both airports was very expeditious. Best of luck with the service I hope it succeeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Kenny2012 wrote: »
    Flew WAT-LTN WAT yesterday and found it to be an excellent service. On-board service excellent and travel times through both airports was very expeditious. Best of luck with the service I hope it succeeds.

I hear they had OO-VLZ in because -VLJ went tech...

man98 wrote: »
    I hear they had OO-VLZ in because -VLJ went tech...
    It went tech and they flew in a replacement aircraft , I would have thought that was a good thing.

• Advertisement

VLZ was bought in from SNN ANR to operate a single LTN return one day last week, Saturday I believe.

OO-VLZ was flown in from Antwerp 1 hour before scheduled time of departure and there was no delay to the outbound service.

Now that's service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Kenny2012 wrote: »
    It went tech and they flew in a replacement aircraft , I would have thought that was a good thing.

I never said it was a bad thing ;) . WAT aviation page on FB saying it was from Shannon, and they got a picture of both the Fokkers side by side...

man98 wrote: »
    I never said it was a bad thing ;) . WAT aviation page on FB saying it was from Shannon, and they got a picture of both the Fokkers side by side...

Kenny was correct, came in from ANR as VLM413P.

May I ask what type of in flight meal do VLM offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

For a 65 minute flight? Chateaubriand I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

May I ask what type of in flight meal do VLM offer?
    wellboytoo wrote: »
    For a 65 minute flight? Chateaubriand I'd say.

LOL... Carnacalla, I think I saw a tweet from someone showing some sort of pastry, like a Danish. I think it's just some sort of complementary snack. The flight is quite short.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Plane Fan

I flew on the morning flight over and got a danish , hot & cold drinks and a sweet. On the evening flight home I got a sandwich, hot & cold drinks and a sweet :)

• Advertisement

All credit for the below stats go to the user Jamie2k9 , who has posted these the last few months on the waterford airport thread in the Waterford City forum but I thought I'd stick them here together as well.

July stats are:
    LTN - 63.3%
    BHX - 56.7%

June stats:
    58% on LTN. 2883 Pax
    50% on BHX. 856 Pax

May stats
    52% on LTN.

As per the above, there is a growing trend of growth on the route. Considering the flights took off without much notice it is shown good potential. If they can make the current routes work I can see them looking at Manchester come next year considering FlyBe acheived around 89% LF on it.
    I see that they have also added Antwerp from Birmingham so potential for connection through the Waterford route. Good news for Waterford.

Advertisement