Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

b757 wrote: »

I noticed this yesterday. The website still not updated to book all the way through as of yet

PAX Statistics August 2015

WAT-BHX 1160 64.4% Load Factor
    WAT-LTN 3748 72% Load Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

PAX Statistics August 2015

WAT-BHX 1160 64.4% Load Factor
    WAT-LTN 3748 72% Load Factor.

Really positive growth in Loads. September will have a big spike due to the Rugby but its looking good for VLM sticking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Really positive growth in Loads. September will have a big spike due to the Rugby but its looking good for VLM sticking around.

To be honest I expect loads will start to fall off now, the rugby may help but believe they will fall back towards 60% for the next few months. Overall a good first few months on both routes.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    To be honest I expect loads will start to fall off now, the rugby may help but believe they will fall back towards 60% for the next few months. Overall a good first few months on both routes.

Why do you expect them to fall back to that figure?

I would have guessed that most people would have had their leisure bookings made before the waterford routes even started or knew about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Why do you expect them to fall back to that figure?

I would have guessed that most people would have had their leisure bookings made before the waterford routes even started or knew about it.

Autumn/Winter has less travel in it - longer lead in won't counteract that fully.

Been waiting for this announcement the past few months. Thanks to Dzilla for spotting it on the airports website, and posting it in the Waterford City forum.

WA-Eastern-Europe-Route-Web-Banner.png

Been waiting for this announcement the past few months. Thanks to Dzilla for spotting it on the airports website, and posting it in the Waterford City forum.

WA-Eastern-Europe-Route-Web-Banner.png

That's pretty impressive to be fair. People in Waterford who say the airport has no choices can now fly to London twice daily, Birmingham four times a week, connect to Antwerp three times a week through the Birmingham flight and now connect to multiple Eastern Europien destinations through Wizz Air. If the routes don't succeed then the people of Waterford can not blame the airport. Use it or lose it!

Lots of choice on offer now and options on offer.

Selfishly would really love to see MAN back and charters using it for summer routes in the future similiar to 2007 but am really happy with what is on offer now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

There are no plans for through ticketing with Wizz, the idea is to buy two separate tickets.

man98 wrote: »
    There are no plans for through ticketing with Wizz, the idea is to buy two separate tickets.

ah thats disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Really pleased with the success in waterford airport, great to see the high loadfactors

PAX Stats September 2015

WAT-BHX 761 Pax 45% LF
    WAT-LTN 2881 Pax 55% LF

PAX Stats September 2015

WAT-BHX 761 Pax 45% LF
    WAT-LTN 2881 Pax 55% LF

PAX Stats September 2015

WAT-BHX 761 Pax 45% LF
    WAT-LTN 2881 Pax 55% LF

Disappointing figures there!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Plane Fan

We all expected a drop for Sep but not that much of a drop. I reckon it's to do with their price hikes on Waterford's routes. VLM have so much potential at WAT but they may need to do some fare restructuring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Plane Fan wrote: »
    We all expected a drop for Sep but not that much of a drop. I reckon it's to do with their price hikes on Waterford's routes. VLM have so much potential at WAT but they may need to do some fare restructuring!

I would think that a viable operation would be better long term.
    The fares necessary to support this may be quite different from the "low fares" mentality that some people believe all flights should be at.

Potential is one thing, a loss making operation is another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

After spending this weekend gone in London , I think a percentage of the drop in numbers is regarding the Sterling Euro differential,eyewateringly expensive is London town at the moment.
    ps 31 on the return flight last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Next w/end is the long weekend so people may be holding out for that, but as you say the difference is sterling is frightening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hotel prices in the UK seem to have moved the opposite direction also - was looking at a random weekend in November/December for Leeds and decent hotels were £160 sterling a night pretty much every weekend. When you consider the APD on the return flight, it can be cheaper to go far, far further away within the Eurozone / ERM II area currently.

Flights to LTN and BHX available up until 27-Oct-2016.

http://flyvlm.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was the afternoon flight able to land yesterday. Was in Tramore and it was very foggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Was the afternoon flight able to land yesterday. Was in Tramore and it was very foggy.

Yeah

Not sure if this mornings Luton and yesterdays Luton were cancelled because of fog here of over in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Are you surprised it could land yesterday Jamie? Very foggy down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Are you surprised it could land yesterday Jamie? Very foggy down there.

They have CAT I ILS at waterford AFAIK, so as long as the RVR's (Runway Visual Range) were above 550m, the aircraft can land.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

so as long as the RVR's (Runway Visual Range) were above 550m, the aircraft can land.

Actually Waterford needs an RVR of 750 meters, or double that if the ILS isn't working.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Actually Waterford needs an RVR of 750 meters

How come?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Look at Cork RWY35 and its the same, 750 meters.

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    Look at Cork RWY35 and its the same, 750 meters.

Really? I assumed wrongly that both of corks runways were CAT II ILS!
    Is CAT I 750m?

Advertisement