Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

2009/2010 transport report.

Passenger Numbers refer to commercial passengers only. Transit passengers are

counted twice (i.e. both as arriving and departing passengers).

Source: CSO

So my question remains irrespective of the validity of the numbers quoted on the Wikipedia page.

Where can I access the CAA figures?

Curious now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

2009/2010 transport report.

So my question remains irrespective of the validity of the numbers quoted on the Wikipedia page.

Where can I access the CAA figures?

Curious now

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/80/airport_data/2011Annual/Table_12_1_Intl_Air_Pax_Route_Analysis_2011.pdf

There is 2010 and 2011 numbers, LTN-GWY only around 8,000 more in 2010 than WAT but GWY had more flights than WAT to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I'm hearing rumours of an imminent announcement re a LTN sector out of WFD anyone else hearing this?

wellboytoo wrote: »
    I'm hearing rumours of an imminent announcement re a LTN sector out of WFD anyone else hearing this?

Do tell more....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

May be before Xmas too... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Do tell more....

No more to tell but where I heard it from is normally reliable , carrier unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 air2000

Would not describe it as any way imminent but a good chance. Will be hard marketing an airline/brand unknown in the Irish and UK markets but who knows.

air2000 wrote: »
    Would not describe it as any way imminent but a good chance. Will be hard marketing an airline/brand unknown in the Irish and UK markets but who knows.

So you are saying that its not a UK or Irish carrier?

Flybe were largely unknown in Ireland until recently, if its airline I think the marketing problem will be more in the UK and not here in WAT.

Yep... and saying no more for the moment

Yep... and saying no more for the moment

well tell use this is a winter schedule start up a good possibility?

• Advertisement

Have no idea, heard there's a meeting in WAT next week so might hear more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Ah now guys do spill!! Flybe r not to be?

/worst joke I know!

Not Flybe, they currently do not operate in Ireland or UK. Possibility aircraft type might have restrictions operating into Waterford wont know until they run the figures or dump out some seats:D

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Not Flybe, they currently do not operate in Ireland or UK. Possibility aircraft type might have restrictions operating into Waterford wont know until they run the figures or dump out some seats:D

Apart from operating into shannon, Dublin and Waterford already? Although, I did did hear that gatwick are penalizing them for using smaller turboprop aircraft, so probably not gatwick. But maybe Luton, as per pervious posters, would work?

Hi Irishbloke77

Could have worded it abit better, when I say "they" I mean the other airline Waterford are talking to and not Flybe. The other airline currently do not operate in Ireland or UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Hi Irishbloke77

Could have worded it abit better, when I say "they" I mean the other airline Waterford are talking to and not Flybe. The other airline currently do not operate in Ireland or UK.

Ah, I see now. Thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I really miss the London route, as do several of my friends and family members.
    I never had a problem with the little planes, the service was lovely, short check in times were a major bonus, and with aer Arran I booked flights 3 or 4 times a year, they had great offers if you booked a couple of months in advance.

I would love to see the route back, really hope they pull this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Apart from operating into shannon, Dublin and Waterford already? Although, I did did hear that gatwick are penalizing them for using smaller turboprop aircraft, so probably not gatwick. But maybe Luton, as per pervious posters, would work?

Flybe are leaving Gatwick entirely; but as it seems its not going to be them anyway that doesn't really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It's hardly BMI Regional is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's hardly BMI Regional is it?

Couldn't see them being able to get yields high enough for an ERJ to be suitable. Possible though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Its not BMI they would have restriction's on the ERJ

Your such a tease.....!

You could at least tell the type of aircraft? assume because of restrictions are we looking at some sort o jet over a turboprop?

Nothing like being a tease... lol

Can't say type as you would name the airline straight away. At least its something reasonable and not an old Fokker 50

Nothing like being a tease... lol

Can't say type as you would name the airline straight away. At least its something reasonable and not an old Fokker 50

I see but will the aircraft make an appearance next week with people from the carrier in WAT or are they getting their another way.

At least it will be a decent aircraft on the route if all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    I see but will the aircraft make an appearance next week with people from the carrier in WAT or are they getting their another way.

At least it will be a decent aircraft on the route if all goes well.

Ah now, everyone seems to know except me!!!! Someone give a name!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 me leg

Earlier in the week I heard the name Minoan Air as a possible operator. The have recently started Oxford to Dublin with a F50. Any possibility of this?

me leg wrote: »
    Earlier in the week I heard the name Minoan Air as a possible operator. The have recently started Oxford to Dublin and EDI with a F50. Any possibility of this?

Was thinking that myself, good route to startup but i highly doubt it. They would want to fly out of Oxford i'd say, we need a proper London airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mart101

Any further info on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Earlier in the week I heard the name Minoan Air as a possible operator. The have recently started Oxford to Dublin with a F50. Any possibility of this?

I found this elsewhere.
    http://www.oxfordairport.co.uk/airport_news/news.htm#minoan_statement

So I doubt its them.

• Advertisement

http://www.businessandleadership.com/leadership/item/42921-desmond-oflynn-appointed-c

Hopefully some good news within next few weeks/months.

Advertisement