Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] Tinahely Duathlon Sunday 5th May 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Elite timing seem to have made a mess of things.

Tinahely Tri Club did everything they were supposed to do on the day very well. Pity for them to be let down like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Waylander79

I was the third person into transition after the 5k and yet there are 8 people with a better time than me! That's a new one! And Cathal O'Donovan ran a 5k in 11:03 and then the 3k in 11:12?? At least my overall time seems right but the splits are way off.

I agree with Podge, the event was run very well on the day and I really enjoyed it. The messed up times doesn't really make any difference to me but it's a pity that TTC will have this hassle to deal with through no fault of their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Amended timing results should have been emailed to all contestants now, they look accurate to my eyes anyway. I imagine they will be posted online soon enough. I was talking to some of the organizers last night at swimming, and while they were buzzing about how well the race went, and the good feedback from it, there was a bit of a sting in the tail that the results weren't up and accurate. That part was out of their hands, but its good that timing results are now available (mainly to sate us split-hungry mid-packers, the more important race results were known where it mattered).

Well done to all involved, it was a great race altogether. Thanks to all the local marshalls too, whose presence meant that so many from the club could actually race on the day:)

Advertisement