Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning or early evening classes, Dublin city

Options
  • 01-03-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

can anyone recommend a morning class (starting between 6.30/7.00 and finishing no later than about 8.00am) or an early evening class (starting at around 5.00 - 5.30pm) in Dublin city, preferably south city centre/ Ranelagh area (although north city will do if I can get to/from work in time).

I am a returner to yoga/pilates. My flexibility has lessened significantly in recent years due to ill health, and I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I really want to get back to my 'old' self and feel that yoga and/or pilates will help with that. I am doing a core yoga class on monday evenings, and find it great for strengthening my core, but it is a fairly quick paced class, and I am also looking to supplement it with a more traditional, slower class to help improve my flexibility and muscle tone.

Grateful if anyone can recommend a class suitable which is reasonably priced. Individual classes might be a possibility, but I think cost would be a factor, so a group class might be better.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

I'm looking for pilates courses near sandyford / dundrum for lunch times?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Little Ted wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

can anyone recommend a morning class (starting between 6.30/7.00 and finishing no later than about 8.00am) or an early evening class (starting at around 5.00 - 5.30pm) in Dublin city, preferably south city centre/ Ranelagh area (although north city will do if I can get to/from work in time).

I am a returner to yoga/pilates. My flexibility has lessened significantly in recent years due to ill health, and I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I really want to get back to my 'old' self and feel that yoga and/or pilates will help with that. I am doing a core yoga class on monday evenings, and find it great for strengthening my core, but it is a fairly quick paced class, and I am also looking to supplement it with a more traditional, slower class to help improve my flexibility and muscle tone.

Grateful if anyone can recommend a class suitable which is reasonably priced. Individual classes might be a possibility, but I think cost would be a factor, so a group class might be better.

thanks in advance!

Samadhi in Temple Bar has Mysore-style ashtanga classes every morning at the time you'd be looking for, and some classes starting before 6pm on weekdays. Open Mind Yoga in Pearse St has an Iyengar class at 7.30am on Wednesdays too, but it probably starts too late for you. The Elbowroom in Stoneybatter also has 7am classes, but they are 1 hr 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

the mysore-style is listed as intermediate, and after so long out of practice, I think I am now back at beginner level as my flexibility is zilch! They have a beginners at 5.15 on a Tuesday though, so that might fit the bill.
    thanks for that!

Anyone know if Ashtanga Yoga in Ballsbridge is any good? they do a mysore style every morning starting at 6.30 so would be ideal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Not sure if you are interested in bikram yoga but the bikram studio in Sandyford has a 6.30am class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Classes are 90 minutes long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Little Ted wrote: »
    the mysore-style is listed as intermediate, and after so long out of practice, I think I am now back at beginner level as my flexibility is zilch! They have a beginners at 5.15 on a Tuesday though, so that might fit the bill.
    thanks for that!

Anyone know if Ashtanga Yoga in Ballsbridge is any good? they do a mysore style every morning starting at 6.30 so would be ideal for me.
    Mysore in Blackrock is well regarded and very good at 6 daily, but can't vouch for Ballsbridge, but have heard good things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Big Mig

www.mysorestyle.ie

They have classes from 6.30am every morning, Monday to Thursday and a led class on a Friday....

Its self-practice so ideal for a beginner, you are taught each posture at your own pace and then when you have learned the postures you can still move at your own pace....

The only class not really suitable for complete beginners would be the led class on a Friday....

The studio is on Pembroke Road, just 2 minutes away from Baggot Street Bridge.....

Hope this helps and best of luck.... :-)

Edited to add.....Ooops, just read the previous reply, I think this is Mysore in Ballsbridge and I can vouch for them as I also practice there!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

thanks for the replies. Sandyford is too far from city centre, and 6.30 means I would be waiting around for an hour and a half after work. Also, Bikram won't suit me as I have trouble with my ears which is aggrivated by hot steamy environments. Which is a shame cos I would love to give Bikram a go. :(

Think I will give the mysore at Ashtanga Yoga in Ballsbridge a go in the mornings. I am being very optimistic in thinking I will alternate between the gym and yoga! So my plan is my local fast paced core class Mon evening, Samadi on Tuesday evening, Gym on Wednesday evening and, mysore on Thurs mornings and gym on Fri mornings. hmmmm, we'll see ;) God loves a trier!

Advertisement