Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the song that you hate that everybody loves!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That 'you're gorgeous' song from years ago. Makes me want to rip my ears off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Pretty much anything by Coldplay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Im a musician and I have played in pubs and clubs for over 20 years. These are the most requested songs that I hate to get asked to play.. in no particular order:

The Galway Girl
    Brown Eyed Girl
    Summer of 69
    Willie McBride
    Fields of Athenry
    Black Eyed Peas (I have a feeling)
    Living nest Door to Alice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Mundy's version of the Galway Girl, completely destroyed it for me! The original Steve Earle version was great, which you don't hear at all any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Right this thread is descending into "Music that I hate thread".

Stick on-topic, has to be music that everyone else seems to like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

The Galway Girl
    Brown Eyed Girl
    Summer of 69
    Willie McBride
    Fields of Athenry
    Black Eyed Peas (I have a feeling)
    Living nest Door to Alice

I like all these ones!
    Willie McBride is called the Green Fields of France by the way. It's an absolute masterpiece of song writing! The others are more just catch tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I hate Sex on Fire with a vengeance. I literally start twitching when it comes on the radio.

Galway Girl by anyone is self-indulgent tripe.

Any song with the word apologise in it - 'it is too late to apologiseeeeeee' (ad infinitum whineyness - grow a pair of balls and move on you twat).

Any R&B song with a female singer - when she uses her entire vocal range numerous times in one song; with the effect of getting howling in 24 different key ranges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Everything by Maroon 5, Taylor Swift, Will.I.am, flo rida and Ed Sheeran. I can't stand them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The Script arent great since their first album.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Anything played on the radio in Ireland is 99% ****e.

It's all pre-fabricated, over-marketed, over-exposed not talent ****e.

I just want to stick two ice picks in my ears when I am stuck in someone's car and they have the radio on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Raf32 wrote: »
    The Script arent great since their first album.
    They weren't great when they started tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

I like all these ones!
    Willie McBride is called the Green Fields of France by the way. It's an absolute masterpiece of song writing! The others are more just catch tunes.

Yes, I know its the Green Fields of France, I agree it is well written and the story in the lyrics is good, but its 20 years of being persecuted by a bunch of drunks to play it, has killed it for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Fùckin' Mumford & Sons.

I can't tell any of their bland shìte apart, it all sounds like a different version of the same song to me.

Have to agree.. I was nearly talked into performing one of their songs. No wonder I hesitated.. it's just not me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

'Hall of Fame' - just getting sick of hearing it every day,

Wonderwall & Don't Look Back In Anger - two of the most overplayed songs of all time, hate them!

How can anyone hate The Green Fields of France, I only listened to it this morn, great song!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

kfallon wrote: »
    Wonderwall & Don't Look Back In Anger - two of the most overplayed songs of all time, hate them!

How can anyone hate The Green Fields of France, I only listened to it this morn, great song!

How can you not like Oasis?

kfallon wrote: »
    Pretty much anything by Coldplay!

I agree coldplay aren't considered cool. But they are good. I don't think they should be mentioned.. one of the few band trying to keep good music alive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Don't You Worry Child- Swedish House Mafia, if I hear that song again I will punch the closest person to me :|

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

This song it's the most annoying song ever. I don't understand how it's so high in the charts #3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

500 miles by Proclaimers. Absolute sick and everyone loves it.

• Advertisement

I didn't laugh so much in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Pretty much everything by the Beatles. And no, I'm not trying to be controversial.

I genuinely HATE them.

Raf32 wrote: »
    How can you not like Oasis?

Who said I don't like them? :confused: They have some brilliant songs but those are the two that are overplayed that just absolutely do my head in! They have been played so much I now hate them!!

kraggy wrote: »
    Pretty much everything by the Beatles. And no, I'm not trying to be controversial.

I genuinely HATE them.

They all have the same vibe to them

"Wish you were here" Pink Floyd. I won't say I hate it, but it does nothing for me
    "Whole lotta love" Led Zeppelin
    "Sweet Home Alabama"
    "Hey Joy" Jimi Hendrix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Rude Boy
    Rhianna

That 'you're gorgeous' song from years ago. Makes me want to rip my ears off.

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

'Angels' by Robbie Williams - well at least it seems like everybody else loves it. I absolutely hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Feckin' Ireland's Call.

Solely responsible for a generation of children not knowing our actual National Anthem.

• Advertisement

fairytale of new york - HATE it with a passion - every other joe soap seems to think is the only christmas song around. :roll eyes: I reckon they just like it cause they are "supposed" to - a case of emperors new clothes.

also brown eyed girl. such rubbish

Oh yes.. I forgot that one. Next time I will protest

Advertisement