Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the song that you hate that everybody loves!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Irish Rebel songs more due to its fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Any chart music....basically anything that is played on radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

that bloody Videogames song, sounds so depressing I want to slash someone else's wrists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

"Call me maybe".
    No fcuk off you cnut. You fry my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

And I Miss You - by Everything but the Girl

Can't stand it. Annoys me like nothing else.

its called missing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

The Fields of Athenry........sung by drunken morons in Celtic shirts....the Paddy Reilly version isn't.too bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Feckin' Ireland's Call.

Solely responsible for a generation of children not knowing our actual National Anthem.

I remember now. I knew someone would mention it sooner or later!

sesswhat wrote: »

I remember now. I knew someone would mention it sooner or later!
    Ooooh you!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

I wanna be near you and blink in your light
    And toast marshmallows on a cold dark night
    I wanna be near you and blink in your light
    And toast marshmallows on a cold dark night

AAAAAAH!!! :eek::eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭mattser

Lelantos wrote: »
    The Fields of Athenry........sung by drunken morons in Celtic shirts....the Paddy Reilly version isn't.too bad :)

Absolutely. Can't understand why Ireland, Liverpool, Celtic etc. etc. sing that mournful ****e substituting their own words. " Fields of Anfield Road " FFS.
    And that's when their winning. Go figure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I love "The team A" OP :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

LasTime wrote: »
    What's the song that you hate, but everybody else loves. Doesn't it just drive you crazy. I'll start.

Off the top of my head I would have to say Gangnham Style, Moves Like Jagger, 'The Team A' by Ed Sheeran and 'Someone Like You' by Adele

All of the above but add "I need a dollar' to the list.
    I dont get Ed Sheerin though. Young guy with a guitar, singer song writer. This usually sounds good to me but he is so unbelievably dull, safe and earnest that i wanna puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Another vote for Gotye, 'Somebody that I used to know'....how they won a grammy is anyone's guess. I really just don't get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Any chart music....basically anything that is played on radio.

Every conceivable type of music gets played on the radio. So how does this work? Why not listen to the stations/ programmes which play the music you like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

Black and Gold, Sam Sparro did my head in just a small bit
    live while we're young, one direction

Every conceivable type of music gets played on the radio. So how does this work? Why not listen to the stations/ programmes which play the music you like?

Because you can't escape walking into petrol stations, nite clubs, shopping centres, the radio where you work etc

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Thrift shop.

Go **** yourself.

Dynamite 'i throw my hands up in the air sometimes'

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Not sure if it's been posted already, but I despise 'With or Without You' by U2. I'd rather listen to 'bird is the word' till my ears bled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

What I really hate is when a song comes out, you hate it, and it gets massively overplayed.

Then years later you hear it again and you briefly get a sense of nostalgia before you remember how much you hated the goddamn thing. Solely because it got played so much that your brain has inextricably linked it to whatever other stuff was going on in your life at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Which one?

Pretty sure everyone liked it at the time. I think it's my least favourite song ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

kfallon wrote: »
    Wonderwall & Don't Look Back In Anger - two of the most overplayed songs of all time, hate them!

How can anyone hate The Green Fields of France, I only listened to it this morn, great song!

I cant stand Oasis, never have and never will like them. Blur were far superior, and still are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

'Stairway to heaven'

Such nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Well, circa 2001 everyone loved Kylie's 'Can't get you out of my head' but I could not see what the fuss was about. Like, seriously, everyone I knew, whatever their usual taste in music LOVED it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭elPadrino

Feckin' Ireland's Call.

Solely responsible for a generation of children not knowing our actual National Anthem.

Eh, I don't know many people that like, let alone love, this song.

Well, circa 2001 everyone loved Kylie's 'Can't get you out of my head' but I could not see what the fuss was about. Like, seriously, everyone I knew, whatever their usual taste in music LOVED it.
    Simple chord structure, easy lyrics to remember, catchy chorus you could teach to a toddler & from a male perspective, a pretty good video.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Anything by the Black Eyed Peas

And that fcking freak Lil Wayne.. Ugh creep!

Also have an immense hatred for Taylor Swift...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Up Yer Bum by Peter And The Test Tube Babies.
    "Hey Joy" Jimi Hendrix
    Terrible song. Hey Joe was good though.
    They all have the same vibe to them
    I agree. Helter Skelter and I Want To Hold Your Hand sound exactly the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Is this not music too???

Advertisement