Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the song that you hate that everybody loves!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Is this the hipsters thread???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

efb wrote: »
    Is this the hipsters thread???

Yes, because everyone who doesn't like a popular song, or knows a band you don't know, or collects outdated music formats, even wears scarfs, is a hipster.

But the whole 'I hate that song that everybody loves' screams hipster to me. Why qualify it? We all like some songs that are popular and dislike other popular ones- but feeling the need to declare a dislike of a popular song screams wannabe hipster to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

LasTime wrote: »
    Oh yes, how could I forget. Layla and all Eric Clapton songs

And 'sitting on the Dock of the bay' song

But...but Layla :/

Because this is a forum where people post things. You signed up in 2003, I'd have thought you'd have figured out how bulletin boards work, man.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

Jijsaw wrote: »
    But...but Layla :/

Okay, maybe I don't hate Clapton's work that much. It's just I'm annoyed the way it takes all the credit. It's cliche and over-played.

Because this is a forum where people post things. You signed up in 2003, I'd have thought you'd have figured out how bulletin boards work, man.

Well I'd have put this in the music forum for starters...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

Being realistic, it wouldn't get the needed attention there. What's your song

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Balarrr Didiarr

Blue Monday by New Order. Even the intro grates me & I think it's because it was played on an ad all the time that bugged me when I was growing up, can't recall which one. Most I know love it, I can't listen to it.

This is After Hours, in the music forum you'd have to discuss crap. Boring!

On topic, those Skyfall and Pavement songs by Adele.

• Advertisement

Anything by the script

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

that we are young tripe and robbie williams candy....get these off the radio stations. sooner the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Mumford & sons. Anything they have ever done, or will ever do, playing with their organ onstage, should be ashamed!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Blumpkine wrote: »
    Stairway to Heaven. Plant sounds like a cat. It's awful. It's got cod-philosophical lyrics and is too damned long. Even the solo is boring as hell.

You don't understand music go home

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

There is another fora for EVERY thread on AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I just read the whole thread in disbelief that it has gone to almost 200 posts and nobody has mentioned Journey

orestes wrote: »
    I just read the whole thread in disbelief that it has gone to almost 200 posts and nobody has mentioned Journey
    Ah, don't stop believing that someone eventually will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Lelantos wrote: »
    Ah, don't stop believing that someone eventually will

*twitch*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

what riles me is when a good song is covered (very) badly, and then they play the shít out of the cover on the radio, cos it now sounds coool....wrong

orestes wrote: »

*twitch*
    You can twitch anyway you want it.....struggling now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Chasing Cars is cancerous. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

LasTime wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I cannot let this many people mock coldplay. They are a good band

No - they are not a good band. Just because lots of people like them still doesn't make them a good band (Note: Justin Beiber) Also we are not mocking them.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    but overall they're bland, cliched and horribly predictable. Worse, they're a band bereft of all human juices. Plastic pop for the iPhone generation.

This sums it up perfectly.
    kowloon wrote: »
    If there's a name for that I'm sure someone here knows it.

The musically correct description for Coldplay, is any, involving parallels with basins of dirty dishwater.
    Anything by Damien Rice.

Music to cut yourself by.

This is so true. I am convinced there is a hidden sub-genre of music called 'Suicide Music' - Music to inspire your suicide tendencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Auntie Psychotic

Anything by AC/DC.
    I fúcking HATE them.
    Especially Thunderstruck. Always comes on in night clubs & it's always my cue to go for a smoke. Wrecks my tits. I can't convey how much I hate it.
    And everyone seems to love it & go bat shít crazy when it comes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I need a dollar, dollar, dollar that's what I need, hey hey. FECKKKK OFFFF!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Ah lads, theres too much rihanna bashing in this thread. She has a lot of great songs!

For me: I would do anything for love (or whatever it's called)
    An absolutely awful song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Anything by AC/DC.
    I fúcking HATE them..

Nah nah nah nah nahnah nah nah..

I am AC/DC and I am going to permeate just about every clip of hollywood schmaltz til your ears bleed from overexposure.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ah lads, theres too much rihanna bashing in this thread. She has a lot of great songs!

I'll just correct you there to point out that she has no great songs. In fact she has no good songs, or even any mediocre songs. Actually now I think of it she has no just about passable songs either. What she does have are dozens of irritatingly crap songs sung in that godawful nasally whine of hers.

That said, she's still better than Coldplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

The Wire theme tune
    Spoiler - McNulty is the drug king pin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

There is another fora for EVERY thread on AH

If that's the case then why does some bell end start screaming "'soccer' forum" as soon as football is so much as mentioned, even if it's done in an AHsy kind of way?

Back on topic, every football cup final/World Cup song ever recorded is almost as embarrassing as Irish people supporting League of England teams.

Advertisement