Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the song that you hate that everybody loves!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Ah lads, theres too much rihanna bashing in this thread. She has a lot of great songs!

For me: I would do anything for love (or whatever it's called)
    An absolutely awful song!
    I didn't see Chris Brown contributing to this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

I don't see an issue with Rihanna. She's hot and shakes her Bajan ass very well. Her music is tripe, in fact I can't even think of the name of one of her songs. Umbrella is that one or is that Lady Googoo?

Anyway the point is...she's not there for her musical merit, she's there so us lads can have a good look and the girls can try to emulate her. As long as the lassies are trying more to be like Rihanna then I've no complaints.

Their music is irrelevant...but there will always be some crappy female artist who is flag bearer for teenage sluts....Madonna, Britney, Beyonce, Gaga, Rihanna....keep em' comin I say...something to look at while you keep your fingers in your ears.

Back on topic... Everybody seems to think Eminem is amazing and groundbreaking....crap. He's an arrogant, talentless knobgobbler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Zaph wrote: »
    I'll just correct you there to point out that she has no great songs. In fact she has no good songs, or even any mediocre songs. Actually now I think of it she has no just about passable songs either. What she does have are dozens of irritatingly crap songs sung in that godawful nasally whine of hers.

That said, she's still better than Coldplay.

Ok :(

Not even her older stuff? "If it's lovin' that you want" or "Shut up and Drive."
    EVERYONE, male or female, fancies Rihanna in that video. She's hot as fuck :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

lazygal wrote: »
    The Irish national anthem.
    Thin Lizzy Dancing in the Moonlight.
    Come on Eileen.

Dancing in the moonlight is a genius pop song. Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I like Nirvana but hate smells like teen spirit, I like Led Zep but hate Stairway to Heaven, I like John Lennon's solo stuff but hate Imagine, like all the Beatles album tracks but hate their famous songs

Anybody else have this syndrome if you can call it that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

dd972 wrote: »
    I like Nirvana but hate smells like teen spirit, I like Led Zep but hate Stairway to Heaven, I like John Lennon's solo stuff but hate Imagine, like all the Beatles album tracks but hate their famous songs

It's called being a hipster ;) Nah just kidding I get where you're coming from.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

Zaph wrote: »

That said, she's still better than Coldplay.

I cannot let that be said. Rihanna is NOT better than coldplay.. not to be compared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

dd972 wrote: »

It's like me with R.E.M. and Losing My Religion.

I listen to their 80s songs way more now.

I'm glad someone mentioned Thunderstruck. Makes your ears bleed

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Can't stand Bohemian Rhapsody....pointless rambling racket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

downwesht wrote: »
    Can't stand Bohemian Rhapsody....pointless rambling racket!

Really? That's a first, can you explain why you hate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Happy Birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭pedanticpat

LasTime wrote: »
    What's the song that you hate, but everybody else loves. Doesn't it just drive you crazy. I'll start.

Off the top of my head I would have to say Gangnham Style, Moves Like Jagger, 'The Team A' by Ed Sheeran and 'Someone Like You' by Adele

I've never heard a single person say that they like any of these songs, therefore my friends>>yours

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

Oh yes, and of course: Cee-Lo Green - Forget You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Fun- We Are Young.

I hate it, so overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

When did reality tv start? Yeah, almost everything since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Anything by The Script. The musical equivalent of a skidmark in an underpants.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

emer_b wrote: »
    American Pie.

Some tool with a guitar always plays it at a house party, wedding, lock-in.
    And everyone mumbles along before belting out the chorus...HATE IT.

That, together with The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkle and that Kris Kristofferson song about Sunday morning. Then followed by Spancil Hill. I don't know what comes next but by then I'm out the door on the way home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Loving you, Minnie ripperton, scatter!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Balmed Out wrote: »
    kings of leon - girl your sex is on fire

You can get ointment for that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Arpa wrote: »
    I don't see an issue with Rihanna. She's hot and shakes her Bajan ass very well. Her music is tripe, in fact I can't even think of the name of one of her songs. Umbrella is that one or is that Lady Googoo?

Anyway the point is...she's not there for her musical merit, she's there so us lads can have a good look and the girls can try to emulate her. As long as the lassies are trying more to be like Rihanna then I've no complaints.

Their music is irrelevant...but there will always be some crappy female artist who is flag bearer for teenage sluts....Madonna, Britney, Beyonce, Gaga, Rihanna....keep em' comin I say...something to look at while you keep your fingers in your ears.

Back on topic... Everybody seems to think Eminem is amazing and groundbreaking....crap. He's an arrogant, talentless knobgobbler.

she claims to make music so yeah, the music does matter! I don't find her attractive and have no desire to emulate her. Her music is HORRIBLE noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I'm not getting all the hate for Coldplay here, maybe I don't know much about music but I know what I like and I like them. Unpopular amongst the hipsters here but anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Republic Of Loose - They Pay For Love
    Sweet Funkin Jebus is that song woeful !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

oh my god from usher, its the biggest pile of s**te ever

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭pedanticpat

Agricola wrote: »
    When did reality tv start? Yeah, almost everything since then.

Reality TV started in 1948. You really don't like anything since then? Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Richard Marx "right here waiting" absolutely hate it, have a friend who usually sings this at parties, when I see him with the guitar I go outside.

Also crowded house "weather with you".

Any bob Marley song, and most people I know love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Anything by The Script. The musical equivalent of a skidmark in an underpants.

Your very insulting to your skidmarks/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

That Beyonce single ladies song, but then again I am a bloke. Others.....

massive attack - unfinished sympathy
    U2 - Vertigo/Beautiful Day
    The Verve - bittersweet symphony
    Everything by Robbie Williams, especially that Angels malarkey
    Everything by Mumford and sons

Galway ****ing girl

Advertisement