Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the song that you hate that everybody loves!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader.

Makes my ears bleed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Illuminators - Hey Ho

It just sounds f.ucking stupid. The "singer" just moans throughout the song.

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talk

The singers have horrible voices, and for f.uck's sake, THAT ACCORDION IS DEFILING MY EARS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Someone said New Radical - terrible song
    also mentioned was I miss you - everything but the girl - horrible
    'like the desert missed the rain' what a crap facking line.
    coldplay are ****e.
    Mumford and sons? what's the deal with them? rubbish.

american pie rubs me up all sorts of wrong ways too.

Anything by marroon 5. ****e name. ****e music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Walking on the Sun - Smash mouth:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Everything they play in the gym I go to. Same utter sh1te day after day.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

'I can't get no satisfaction' has got to be the most over-rated song of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

''John Lennon - shot dead, Barry Manilow - still making records, if you're gonna shoot somebody have some f**kin taste'' - Bill Hicks

....Just off to find some Surface to Air Sam7 missiles for when The Script's tour plane flies over

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭CillianL

Anything by Green Day

Paint it Black; Rolling Stones

all absolute garbage

Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band; Beatles, not ****e but definitely over-rated, seems everyone's terrified of criticising the Beatles

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The Fields of Athenry

dreary song about dreary times:( can we not adopt something more upbeat for sport events

but please not ole ole ole good god we sound so cheap singin that

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭heartseeker

Don't Stop Believing by Journey and that one with "I would walk 10,000 miles"....wish you would and take your cd with ya lol cos my ears are burning :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Don't Stop Believing by Journey and that one with "I would walk 10,000 miles"....wish you would and take your cd with ya lol cos my ears are burning :P

I only know 'I would walk 500 miles'. Your one sounds 20 times worse than that!!!!!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Jimmy444

I'm not sure if I've ever hated a song as much as the one that goes "But if you cloooozeyourize".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Anything by Queen. I can't fecking stand them.

I have yet to meet anyone else that dislikes Queen...don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

OldGoat wrote: »
    ya know the one that goes Dumm de de doo de dee dum dee doo dooow dee dum dee dee daa... I hate that one.

And everything by Queen.

And Kasabian.

Wahey!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

CillianL wrote: »
    Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band; Beatles, not ****e but definitely over-rated, seems everyone's terrified of criticising the Beatles
    I'd tend to agree. It was a game changer, but IMHO it's not their best by a long shot. Quite a few low points. EG Harrisons input that last for effin ages. Factoid, Strawberry fields forever and Penny lane were the first tracks recorded for the album, but the record company and their contract stipulated a single and pronto. Crazy these days as someone as madly huge as they were would tell the record company to fcuk off. Different days though. If they wanted a cup of tea they had to get a key to unlock the fridge in Abbey Road. remove the Harrison track and throw in those two songs and you'd have a much better album. Revolver is better anyway(IMHO)
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    Anything by Queen. I can't fecking stand them.

I have yet to meet anyone else that dislikes Queen...don't get it.
    *Waves frantically at LL and OG* :) Ye can add me to your list. I don't like em either. I can see why others do, but they just don't rev my engine. Ditto for Pink Floyd I have to say. Oh and yer wan from Mad Men...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The one with the line "are we human or are we dancers?" or something like that. It sounds like it was written and sung by a drunk toddler.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".

Especially in a nightclub with a shower of douchebags on a hen screaming and flailing their arms and L-plates about the dancefloor when the first few notes play.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Meangadh wrote: »
    "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".

Especially in a nightclub with a shower of douchebags on a hen screaming and flailing their arms and L-plates about the dancefloor when the first few notes play.

Ugh.

I wonder what would happen if you tried playing that in Saudi Arabia. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RebeccaChick

Maroon 5 - Moves like Jagger & Byran Adams - Summer of 69 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

So many :

"Tonightiiieiiiieiiightttttt!"

Then there's the Arcade Killer Monkeys classic : "Ohhhhhhhhhh oh ohoh! The sex is on fire...." God I ****ing hate that song. Wasn't helped by having a bad experience in a **** pub one night where some woman yelled "This is about male sex." at me repeatedly.

And Galway Girl has been played to death.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Natasha Bedingfield, "I wanna have your baby" a couple of years back. For some reason women loved that song & loved singing it.....badly.

Advertisement