Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One direction in Belfast

Options
  • 01-03-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

We're heading up to Belfast from the republic next thurs for a 1D concert on the fri night.we are staying in the titanic quater and I was wondering how safe is it for us to head into the city on fri morning??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

is this a serious question? what are you expecting to happen to you on a Friday morning in city centre belfast?

its belfast, not Islamabad (which may, coincidentally, be safe enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mama4

is this a serious question? what are you expecting to happen to you on a Friday morning in city centre belfast?

its belfast, not Islamabad (which may, coincidentally, be safe enough).

I'm not expecting anything to happen but as someone who has never been to Belfast and has people giving a lot of 'well meaning' advice regarding our accents etc i just thought I'd throw it out there.i personally am looking forward to seeing the city espec the shops but not 1D I might add :) I never meant to cause any offence but as I am travelling wit my 13 yr old I'd rather be aware !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

right ok. well belfast is safe as houses. people like to drama things up in the south sometimes but really, that's all it is.

just like in any city there are areas you'd want to avoid, but titanic quarter and city centre will be well clear of them. there were figures out recently saying that belfast is one of the safest cities in Europe for tourists.

everywhere you go in town you'll hear southern accents. one of the things i love most about belfast is how warm and friendly the people are, so don't be afraid to ask for help or directions if you need it.

belfast is an awesome wee city :)

right ok. well belfast is safe as houses. people like to drama things up in the south sometimes but really, that's all it is.

just like in any city there are areas you'd want to avoid, but titanic quarter and city centre will be well clear of them. there were figures out recently saying that belfast is one of the safest cities in Europe for tourists.

everywhere you go in town you'll hear southern accents. one of the things i love most about belfast is how warm and friendly the people are, so don't be afraid to ask for help or directions if you need it.

belfast is an awesome wee city :)

like you said people can be a tad dramatic,but thank you for putting maybe irrational fears I had at bay.i am very much looking forward to visiting your 'awesome wee city' next week :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You'll be fine and as advised the city centre and titanic quarter are as safe and peaceful as any other large town or city in Ireland.....probably safer indeed.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised and will probably look forward to a return trip in the future

Enjoy :)

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    You'll be fine and as advised the city centre and titanic quarter are as safe and peaceful as any other large town or city in Ireland.....probably safer indeed.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised and will probably look forward to a return trip in the future

Enjoy :)

Thank you,you both have made me very excitied about my mini adventure :)

Advertisement