Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zeiss conquest

Options
  • 01-03-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

lads is there any where you can buy a conquest in the EU so that you dont hit with the tax :mad:im thinking no but its worth a try looking for a new conquest hd5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

lads is there where you can buy a conquest in the EU so that you dont hit with the tax :mad:im thinking no but its worth a try looking for a new conquest hd5

There is NO import duty or VAT added to sales between member EU states. Only from outside the EU you will have pay the extra charges.

Also some website allow you to enter your (or a valid) VAT number to deduct the VAT from the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭xchrisshana

thanks i know its sicking

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

lads is there any where you can buy a conquest in the EU so that you dont hit with the tax :mad:im thinking no but its worth a try looking for a new conquest hd5
    A few EU dealers used to sell the conquest scopes but they were very expensive. It worked out cheaper to buy in the US and pay the vat.
    The hd5 conquest looks nice, which one are you after ?

im looking at the 5-25x50 and a set of zeiss rings iv worked out the tax and all in would stand me 1220e i think its a lot scope for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

That should be a great scope.
    If you do buy in the US make sure you buy of a company with experience in exporting scopes who will follow the necessary export regulations otherwise the scope could be siezed by US authorities.
    I usually deal with www.theopticzone.com .

• Advertisement

cheers thanks for heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Rather fancy a HD5 myself in that mag range.. Think ill make a trip to the states next year for sake really.

scope is ordered now the hard bit (waiting)

what a nightmare (customs)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Where did you order it from? whats the trouble with it?
    Here is a place within the eu for future reference.
    http://www.optics-trade.eu/shop/en/riflescopes/shopby/manufacturer-zeiss.html?SID=68dd59692b233df98df50ca5c6aa5f77

• Advertisement

dealing with people who dont know what they are on about its a killer telling me that i need import licences and asking me for pictures of it and so on and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

how would you need an import licence it's not a firearm component and it's coming from outside the eu i presume, which would mean even if it was a firearm component it would'nt need an import licence as your firearms licence acts as the import licence.:rolleyes:

stop the lights lad. its coming from the US. I have a pal who is well versed in such matters and he told me to ring the D O J so i did and the lady working there was kind enough to give the lady in the customs office a quick ring and she sorted it out for me so i have to go back down Tuesday hopefully then they will release it so might have it by the end of the week all going well

stop the lights lad. its coming from the US. I have a pal who is well versed in such matters and he told me to ring the D O J so i did and the lady working there was kind enough to give the lady in the customs office a quick ring and she sorted it out for me so i have to go back down Tuesday hopefully then they will release it so might have it by the end of the week all going well
    I got my scope well worth the wait very bright scope with a very big field of view can't wait to get out in the field with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I got my scope well worth the wait very bright scope with a very big field of view can't wait to get out in the field with it

Nice one. Is that a FFP or SFP?

the reticles of all conquest hd5 rifle scope are located in the second image plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BeBaw

hi i was going to buy this scope from the states. what is it like for shooting at night for foxes or if i put it on my deer rifle whats the view at late evening. many thanks before i buy from euro optics and they will ship it over to ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

BeBaw wrote: »
    hi i was going to buy this scope from the states. what is it like for shooting at night for foxes or if i put it on my deer rifle whats the view at late evening. many thanks before i buy from euro optics and they will ship it over to ireland.

I have used that scope with xchrisshana's rifle,you get a hell of a lot of scope for the money,well worth the coin very good under a lamp for the fox & dusk/dawn deer shooting .Impressive glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BeBaw

Lotharmike wrote: »
    I have used that scope with xchrisshana's rifle,you get a hell of a lot of scope for the money,well worth the coin very good under a lamp for the fox & dusk/dawn deer shooting .Impressive glass.

You have made up my mind for me. Thanks for that. Will be back if I need any help with customs over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

BeBaw wrote: »
    You have made up my mind for me. Thanks for that. Will be back if I need any help with customs over here.

You will not regret it,very good glass for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

The only problem i had with a conquest is the windage adjustment is not great.I had to use rings with windage adjustment to get maximum adjustment on the scope , I had mine on a tikka t3 and had to use the windage adjustable rings but i had had it on a mates ruger and the ruger rings were grand so it was just a problem with optilocks so just something to keep in mind ,but as said in here super clear glass and a lot of scope for the money.

Advertisement