Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fostering

Options
  • 01-03-2013 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Myself and my OH have been thinking about fostering for a while now :D We're both 27, engaged and have been living together for 2 years. We feel like we have a lot to give and would really like to try make a difference in the lives of young people in trouble :) We have no children ourselves and although we are both in full time employment, I have been off sick with back problems for awhile now. We live in a big enough house with 2 spare bedrooms. Would we be eligible to foster and if so, how would we go about it?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

you have to be together 5 years before you are eligible

http://www.fosteringfirstireland.ie/become-a-foster-carer/fostering-faqs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

irishbird wrote: »
    you have to be together 5 years before you are eligible

You have to be "in your relationship for at least 5 years" - that includes before you lived together. However your stumbling block is that fostering is a full time thing - if you are full time employed (being off work with an injury is still employment) then you will not be eligible.

Advertisement