Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDE Choices

• 01-03-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I was just wondering does anyone know which university is recognised as being the best for the PDE? I applied to all the national universities through the PAC system and to UL and Trinity also. I just received an offer from Trinity but I can't decided whether to take it or not. My subjects are Irish and history so i'd be able to take Irish as a major and history as a minor in Trinity but this would mean that i'm not technically qualified to teach history. I'd like to go to NUIG but I feel like the points are likely to go up this year so not sure if i'll be offered a place. UL is also an option but i'm not sure if it's established enough with regards the PDE?

Any info/advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Annamie

I am also in the same boat. Does anyone know when the offers are made for the NUIS, as I don't know whether to accept Trinity on the basis that I might not receive an offer from Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

e_murf wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering does anyone know which university is recognised as being the best for the PDE? I applied to all the national universities through the PAC system and to UL and Trinity also. I just received an offer from Trinity but I can't decided whether to take it or not. My subjects are Irish and history so i'd be able to take Irish as a major and history as a minor in Trinity but this would mean that i'm not technically qualified to teach history. I'd like to go to NUIG but I feel like the points are likely to go up this year so not sure if i'll be offered a place. UL is also an option but i'm not sure if it's established enough with regards the PDE?

Any info/advice would be much appreciated!

Firstly, your ability to teach History will be decided by your degree subjects (and if History is one) and not by what you take as a methodology in the PDE, whether it is major or minor. I wouldn't worry about UL - I'd say it's established enough for anything at this stage.

Could you not - and this goes for the other poster too - accept the place in Trinity and then take your preferred choice if that comes along instead? You would probably have to pay a deposit fairly soon but you might know about the other colleges by the time that needs to be done. Their offers usually are out in early April I think.

Advertisement