Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End Game, perceptions and initial opinions?

Options
  • 01-03-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I am actually looking forward to this DLC a little less than others, I don't know why.

I do think the dirt bikes and ramps is a massive gimmick edging towards something an eleven year old might like, not me though.

I am looking forward to capture the diamond but I fear these maps will be too big and if I want a motor game I'd play Gran Turismo. We will see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CTF, bikes and ramps will ensure that bikes will almost be 90% used, as they'll probably have rivers or holes you'll have to cross by ramps only. In turn, these will be mined and C4'ed to the point that these will be ignored.

Truth be told, I haven't played BF3 in months. I've completely switched over to playing ARMA2 as games can last longer, and the server-side mods such as wasteland make it awesome.

The CTF is the only thing that will bring me back, and I'd say if this sucks, many people I know won't be going back.

I'm guessing PSN Premium will get it on the 5th, and then PC & XBOX Premium will get it a week later, etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

I actually think this is going to be the BEST DLC we will get, it's just a shame they waited until now to release it. If we had of got capture the flag etc as standard back in 2011 then it might have turned a few more heads. Battlefield 4 Beta is out in a couple of months...so I feel this should have been out earlier but whatever...

I think this is going to be great for the ctf mode and the dirtbikes. We've all seen the trailer...it looks unbelievably chaotic. This dlc is probably the most I've looked forward to one since Back to Karkand.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yousef wrote: »
    I think this is going to be great for the ctf mode and the dirtbikes. We've all seen the trailer...it looks unbelievably chaotic. This dlc is probably the most I've looked forward to one since Back to Karkand.
    Aye, if CTF mode came out with the first batch of DLC's, I'd still be playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I know way less about Endgame maps and visuals than I did for Aftermath's release. Looking forward to the bikes and new assignments though, although Jet superiority will be wasted on me as I can't fly jets to save my life.

I can see myself playing the hell out of it for a month or so and then dropping BF3 almost altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Looking forward to the bikes and new maps but Air Superiority will be dead in a week.
    Not sure about CTF, could be fun if both teams go all out attack but I predict flags covered in mines, C4, soflam and javelins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Looking forward to the bikes and new maps but Air Superiority will be dead in a week

Actually I'll bet it'll be much more popular then tank superiority simply for the fact that there are still quite a few players who have trouble ranking up their jets (despite having over a year since release) and air superiority will be used both as a quicker route to ranking up jets, and as a training ground to improve, simply because of the higher number of jets available.

though lack of stingers and the very different amount of numbers will mean you will not effortlesssly transition to conquest/rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Actually I'll bet it'll be much more popular then tank superiority simply for the fact that there are still quite a few players who have trouble ranking up their jets (despite having over a year since release) and air superiority will be used both as a quicker route to ranking up jets, and as a training ground to improve, simply because of the higher number of jets available.

though lack of stingers and the very different amount of numbers will mean you will not effortlesssly transition to conquest/rush.
    In my experience (on xbox) the gulf between the majority good/average jet pilots and a great one is huge, I'm in the average catagory and every now and then I get my ass completely handed to me by one guy dominating the skies that no-one can touch, these guys will kill Air Superiority IMHO.

Air Superiority is going to be AWESOME!

And that's coming from someone who is particularly crap in air based vehicles.

Take a look at this. FrankieonPC1080p played a game called War Thunder. Now, it's not Battlefield but watching this, you can get a better idea of what to expect DICE are aiming for! I think this is going to be one of the better DLC's. It'll get everyone nice and excited for BF4.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Awesome.. awesome for those who are awful to average in jets and can only spam heat seeker missiles.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Awesome.. awesome for those who are awful to average in jets and can only spam heat seeker missiles.

FU

:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hate guys that use heat seekers :( Looking forward to this DLC though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Why are the players they use in the videos (i.e. the devs) always complete ****e?

Dont think they were the devs, probably press guys. But they made it look so **** haha

I'll be quite brief on this as I'm tired and to be honest, my time on End Game isn' anything to shout about. A few games of rush, half a dozen games of CTF and around ten minutes of Air Superiority. Didn't get a chance to play CQ yet though from what I've heard, I should be worried but anyway, I'll judge that for myself later on.

CTF is excellent. Really, really fun. The maps are designed for that and work so well as a result. It's a crying shame they didn't release it at launch or either around Back to Karkand or Close Quarters time. I think a lot of the maps, namely the vanilla maps would've also have worked well with it. I think 12 vs 12

Rush is just very meh. I stress I've only played a few games on it, so it's not a big enough sample size to judge perhaps and I'll probably give it a few more chances but rush in general, which was the main gametype I've played in BF3 has pretty much run it's course for me. Go through the motions these days playing it tbh.

Air Superiority is everything I feared (see above comment). It's a Heat Seeker Superiority. Again, he sample size isn't big enough perhaps and I'm not one to rush judgement usually but I'm worried. I can't see myself playing it despite being a capable pilot. Game consisted of kill assists, team and enemy flying into me (literally a handful of seconds of joining my first game, the enemy had flew into me!) and capping the odd flag.

So yeah, so far CTF is all that's it is cracked up to be. The rest, meh.

Love the snow and log/lake map I forgot to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

lazy question ...

Is end game included in the 6gb patch that appeared or will it be like last time a patch a week before and then another 1+GB for the install. (must be pushing 30+gb at this stage for the game SSD running out of space)

Its in the middle of the month it may eat into my Download limit this time.

Joeface wrote: »
    lazy question ...

Is end game included in the 6gb patch that appeared or will it be like last time a patch a week before and then another 1+GB for the install. (must be pushing 30+gb at this stage for the game SSD running out of space)

Its in the middle of the month it may eat into my Download limit this time.
    Apparently the patch has absolutely no DLC content in it, meaning there will be another 3-4GB download for the DLC itself next week.

Oh **** really? What the hell is in the patch then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Oh **** really? What the hell is in the patch then?

Could just be patching the main game files to support the new weapons/badges/other shared content. While the next patch is the End Game specific stuff, such as vehicles and maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

this may be a stupid question but do thses patches replace older files or are they totally new files that take up extra space. I mean this in a general term and not just in relation to this particular update

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

emm you can make dirt bike go really high with jumps c4 mines and mores :cool:

we blew someone in the dead zone last night :D

ctf was and is till confusing but fun i like ctf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    this may be a stupid question but do thses patches replace older files or are they totally new files that take up extra space. I mean this in a general term and not just in relation to this particular update

Both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

AS is meh , Rush was ok , ( hard to judge after 1 game ) , about to play CTF now , Nothing special overall so far

Caved in :(

Beam Scanning, Flares and Heat Seekers I've changed to and I'm doing better today in Air Superiority.

Insider knowledge is that the DLC itself is actually included in the 6GB patch.

Don't kill the messenger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Well…

Played it last night for around an hour and a half and my initial impressions are hit and miss but that is usually the case with me and new DLC.

CTF was unreal muck, basically is a set of people driving around aimlessly with almost 100% of kills being AT mines or Javelin. I think it was decent on the railroad track, absolutely ****e on the others. I spawned into a few games and all I found was a tank in the enemy base spawn killing. Wow such fun… the guys were on my team and I PSN-ed them to say “REPORTED” to mess about but they just carried on to get their precious K/D ratio. Granted that kinda stuff might be weeded out but it is all I remember from last night.

I was VERY disappointed with it.

Rush and CQ seem excellent though, maps look amazing and I can’t wait to know them more. Defending on Rush were more dominant so I never saw past the first base so my initial comments are well, very initial.

mozattack wrote: »
    the guys were on my team and I PSN-ed them to say “REPORTED” to mess about but they just carried on to get their precious K/D ratio.
    And you wonder why people disagree with you in this forum? Leave people play the game the way the want to and stop giving out about it. Thank fcuk I'm not a console player and I'll never come across you in a game.

And you wonder why people disagree with you in this forum? Leave people play the game the way the want to and stop giving out about it. Thank fcuk I'm not a console player and I'll never come across you in a game.

Ok, there is nothing wrong with being a tryhard AEK/M16 assault spammer spawn killing so.

Respect.

[sorry but I thought the point of CTF who to, ah, capture the flag, not sit in the opposing spawn to rack up kills...my bad]

Ok, there is nothing wrong with being a tryhard AEK/M16 assault spammer spawn killing so.
    No there isn't, even though I don't play that way the majority of the time.
    [sorry but I thought the point of CTF who to, ah, capture the flag, not sit in the opposing spawn to rack up kills...my bad]
    Yeah, maybe that is the point. Then again the point of being a defender on Rush is actually defending, not pushing out and attacking the attacking team - which the majority of players do. Most of the time you're actually better off holding a line near the MCOMs. Do you consider sitting in a mobile AA a legitmate way to play Conquest? It's far from PTFOing, yet people still do it. What about snipers who sit in their base sniping? Plenty of those too. All of these annoy me, but I don't constantly give out about it. They payed for the game, and it's not against EA's ToS to play it that way. So quit moaning about it.

• Advertisement

I dont know why I have to quit moaning about it... not moaning is accepting that kinda of ****e.

The examples you have are great examples of the braindead people who play the game... i saw one guy who had over 700 hours in a AA... seriously... >700 hours.

That is fine on PC when 2-3 losers out of a team of 32 makes feck all difference but 3 in a game of 24 is a quarter of one team.. similar to having three players sent off in football.

I am playing the game with these clowns so I have a right to moan about it.

Advertisement