Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End Game, perceptions and initial opinions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I found a Dino Easter Egg, turns out I was the first person to get this uploaded, so sitting around 40K views right now.

As for End Game, its okay. Just more of the same really, CTF is fun but nothing amazing, maps are fine but dont display the epic design of Aftermath.

I'm stuggling with enjoying it on PS3 I am honest, I just want it to drop for PC so I can play it there. The PC has really relight the fire in me for BF3 as I feel like a noob again and have so much to learn its awesome.

I will be honest and say I felt bad for feeling this way until I was playing with Jack Frags the other night and we talked about it and decided the game really just does feel completely different on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    I dont know why I have to quit moaning about it... not moaning is accepting that kinda of ****e.
    You have very little to moan about if that's the case, I hope for your sake it stays that way.

EDIT:
    I will be honest and say I felt bad for feeling this way until I was playing with Jack Frags the other night and we talked about it and decided the game really just does feel completely different on PC.
    Wait....what?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wait....what?!

I'm hoping that's another player....

Wait....what?!

Yeah, I was in a call with some fellow Youtubers and Jack joined us for a good few games. Really nice guy I have to say. Hopefully be playing with him again soon, we were doing some damage as a duo on a bike lol.

Yeah, I was in a call with some fellow Youtubers and Jack joined us for a good few games. Really nice guy I have to say. Hopefully be playing with him again soon, we were doing some damage as a duo on a bike lol.
    Video or it didn't happen lol :D Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I found a Dino Easter Egg, turns out I was the first person to get this uploaded, so sitting around 40K views right now.

Fair play dude! You must join us next week when it's released on PC!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

aint had a chance to play end game yet but found this amusing!

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Fair play dude! You must join us next week when it's released on PC!

Oh I will, still mostly a noob on PC though, so easy fodder for you guys for a while yet! lol

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

So yeah, after a couple of more days I'm certainly enjoying the DLC much more having adjusted to the maps and taken it all the high and low traffic routes.

Love all the maps now except for (Nabandan Flats), it's not terrible per se but despite having some really good games on it, it's my least favourite. The other three maps are just superb, both in how the games usually flow on each of maps as well as the overall appearance. Shame there isn't more snow maps like Sabalan Pipeline I should also add. River map which name escapes me at present is probably my favourite and just edges Salaban Pipeline.

CTF is still fantastic fun, such a breath of fresh air! As I said above, the maps were clearly made for CTF and they excel when this gametype is played. That's not taking anyway from Conquest on these maps by the way.
    Rush I've only played one game of it (defence on Kiasar Railroad) since the first day, went well. Still need to play more games on it tbh before giving a solid opinion.

So yeah, getting my head around it all finally. For me it's the second best DLC we've received. Back to Karkand is still numero uno for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Played some more EG last night….
    I must say that Rush is brilliant on it... Operation Riverside has the potential to be a classic map. There are so many places the enemy can come from (speaking as a defender) and it is difficult to spot because of the woodland setting. The map also goes on for 5 bases so you are looking at a 30 minute battle most times which is brilliant.
    Really enjoyed Operation Snowstorm also, great map for Rush.
    The dessert one only lasted 8 minutes so it was ****e enough but I had played that map the day before on rush and it was really good… kinda reminds me of the second set of basis on the Oasis map in BFBC2.
    Didn’t get to play Railroad map. 

Played some more CFT… this is absolute rubbish. I took one of the posters advice above and decided to spawn kill which was funny, went 10-0 in the Abrams and got some heated messages until I got bored of it. This mode simply doesn’t work. On the next map a guy in my squad was recon and he had a spawn beacon in the enemy base so we spawn in and kill them while they were defending…. I think the game went on for 20 minutes and no-one even bothered with the flag apart from a few on a suicide mission on their bikes (javelin = dead in seconds).
    It is a good laugh purely for trolling which is a shame as I remember playing Far Cry 2 a lot on this mode which was brilliant but looking back the difference was that it was only infantry, it doesn’t work with so many vehicles.

• Advertisement

I must say putting a claymore on the dirt bike is funny... granted you have to wait but well worth it. BANG

BTW; who is Jack Frags?

Awesome YouTuber

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Controversial YouTube. Didn't he and frankie get accused of using hacks in dayz?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Controversial YouTube. Didn't he and frankie get accused of using hacks in dayz?
    No, it was just Frankie. But Jack probably did know about it. Then again, maybe he didn't know about it, because Frankie's videos were/are so heavily edited.

B Mcom in the warehouse on Nabandan Flats is one massive pain to plant! Suggest anyone playing rush go for that straight away, put down a spawn beacon and parachute onto the warehouse so you can kill the people on the catwalk inside of it.

Rush on these maps is geared towards defence no doubt about that.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Frankie kind of messed up with his series a bit. After a while it kind of appeared that he may have had the Admin window open while playing...just kind of preternaturally knowing where people would be etc.

I've seen Jack get dropped a good bit in his Day Z stuff.

Besides, you dont even have to hack...my friends run a server where I record my Day Z series...they have a kind of Admin panel which tells you where people are at all times....it also shows their history of movement...so the Admin can see if some dude randomly teleports (a hack) or if everyone else gets teleported to the one spot (another hack) he can see who didn't move and knows they are the hacker.

These are good guys though, they never have the Admin panel open unless they think there is a hacker on the server and when they do that they log out and jump out of our Skype call so they dont inadvertantly say anything they shouldnt.

We get dropped all the time on the server, it's really the only proof that someone isnt hacking...if some dude gets the drop on you then you will most likely die, its the nature of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

anyone know what time this is out on xbox today? it is today isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    anyone know what time this is out on xbox today? it is today isnt it?

I'm taking an update down now with all the improvements to the game. 2gb. Not sure what time EndGame actually comes out.

One and only real complaints about CTF.

The fact that other teams can saunter right up to your chopper and take it. There should be a restricted zone around it with a timer of 3 seconds.

The amount of bellends, who'll take your flag and camp at the very back of their base for pretty much the entire game with half their team seemingly, tank, Stingers, RPG's, Javelins, repair tools and mines! Me hole the vast majority are simply using a legit tactic, they're camping for their K/D.

Despite those complaints, the positives experiences of CTF far and away outweigh the negative but nonetheless, in the wrong lobby it can be beyond frustrating at times. While I'm on my last legs with regards to BF3, I'm thankful that CTF was introduced but disappointed it wasn't in from the start.

Nuri, I am really surprised you like it?

I played CTF last night (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/4/84694697/278703154/).

How was I MVP?

I didn't even touch a flag, I just went to their base and killed them in their spawn, AT mines, shooting them in choppers, etc...

It is pathetic... I did it cos I had 20 mins to spare and was sick of others getting me.

• Advertisement

Downloading End Game now. 1.73GB
    You have it soft. Just downloading 10GB myself - the patch and the DLC.

Nuri, I am really surprised you like it?

I played CTF last night (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/4/84694697/278703154/).

How was I MVP?

I didn't even touch a flag, I just went to their base and killed them in their spawn, AT mines, shooting them in choppers, etc...

It is pathetic... I did it cos I had 20 mins to spare and was sick of others getting me.

It's something different and it works well on the End Game maps as I've stressed before. I'm very much a role player and consider myself a very decent all rounder, I take up roles depending on circumstance and for that, the game type lends itself more to my style of play as the overall pace of CTF is what really adds to it as well. Players who are tactically clued up will succeed I feel (not saying you aren't) and enjoy this game type except for the two things I mentioned a little bit ago which can sour games if in the wrong lobby. In a squad of 3 or 4, it's brilliant fun more often than not.

Bikes? YES Jihad Bikes? OH HELL YES!!

Video to come soon....

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Bikes? YES Jihad Bikes? OH HELL YES!!

Video to come soon....
    Hurry up! :D

Some laugh playing CTF last night, 40 minutes of spawn killing on the railway track.

Plant Spawn Beacon,

Wait.

Guy gets into Viper, bang, dead, bang dead.

Rob, Lav = profit

...and so on... pure trolling and I admit it sucks but worth it just to get the hate mail.

Best kill was when I respawn in with the javelin and killed the guy on the bike who was looking for me while i descended on the parachute.

Killing the guys in the Viper with the HE bolt was funny too!

Hurry up! :D

I stopped playing at 6 this morning. LET ME SLEEP DUDE :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Some laugh playing CTF last night, 40 minutes of spawn killing on the railway track.

Plant Spawn Beacon,

Wait.

Guy gets into Viper, bang, dead, bang dead.

Rob, Lav = profit

...and so on... pure trolling and I admit it sucks but worth it just to get the hate mail.

Best kill was when I respawn in with the javelin and killed the guy on the bike who was looking for me while i descended on the parachute.

Killing the guys in the Viper with the HE bolt was funny too!

Whats your ingame name again ? so I can make sure never to end up on the same server as you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CTF is good fun, no real tactics at the moment on PC.

But Seems to be battles at both flags and armour/air somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Preferred Aftermath but the dirtbikes etc make this enjoyable from a trolling perspective. Can't say I'm greatly enamoured with this as the final DLC, though.

• Advertisement

Have changed my mind on capture the flag. It's ****e, all that game mode is is base rape & javelins. When more than half of your team is in their spawn & none of them are bothered to make a run for the flag you know there's a problem with it.

I would say over 90% of capture the flag matches end in a draw, mostly 0-0

Advertisement