Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End Game, perceptions and initial opinions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

jonski wrote: »
    Whats your ingame name again ? so I can make sure never to end up on the same server as you

KOB79LFC, don't worry I am bored of doing that now... gets tedious.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Have changed my mind on capture the flag. It's ****e, all that game mode is is base rape & javelins. When more than half of your team is in their spawn & none of them are bothered to make a run for the flag you know there's a problem with it.

I would say over 90% of capture the flag matches end in a draw, mostly 0-0

This was my point all along... if people PTFO it could be great but there is too much incentive to spam Javelin and spawn kill that people just wander around.

I think it is muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I only played a short bit last night but I was underwhelmed,feels akin to armored kill but smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

mozattack wrote: »
    Some laugh playing CTF last night, 40 minutes of spawn killing on the railway track.

Plant Spawn Beacon,

Wait.

Guy gets into Viper, bang, dead, bang dead.

Rob, Lav = profit

...and so on... pure trolling and I admit it sucks but worth it just to get the hate mail.

Best kill was when I respawn in with the javelin and killed the guy on the bike who was looking for me while i descended on the parachute.

Killing the guys in the Viper with the HE bolt was funny too!
    KOB79LFC, don't worry I am bored of doing that now... gets tedious.
    This was my point all along... if people PTFO it could be great but there is too much incentive to spam Javelin and spawn kill that people just wander around.

I think it is muck.

its people like you that make me happy I don't use a console.

Did you get much teabagging when you were doing what you claim to hate?

danniemcq wrote: »
    its people like you that make me happy I don't use a console.

Did you get much teabagging when you were doing what you claim to hate?

Yes I did in actual fact... it was hilarious, people get so mad! And yes I do hate this type of behaviour but CTF is such crap you might as well get some laughs from it.

"its people like you that make me happy I don't use a console"... best quote I read in a while, enjoy the game with the hackers and aimbot users which PC game... I know which is the lesser evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

enjoy the game with the hackers and aimbot users which PC game... I know which is the lesser evil.
    Just so you know, it's been months since I've seen a hacker in a game. Also, the fact that there more servers to choose from makes up for this. Actually because there are more servers which aren't run by 12 year old admins makes up for this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Yes I did in actual fact... it was hilarious, people get so mad! And yes I do hate this type of behaviour but CTF is such crap you might as well get some laughs from it.

"its people like you that make me happy I don't use a console"... best quote I read in a while, enjoy the game with the hackers and aimbot users which PC game... I know which is the lesser evil.

if you don't like it don't play it.

by you doing this crap you are making the game worse for other players.

it boggles the mind.

and on the hacker side of things

http://xbox-360.wonderhowto.com/how-to/make-lag-switch-for-xbox-360-ps3-game-consoles-385010/

http://www.battlefield3games.net/bf3-aimbot-ps3/

yes its harder but it exists

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Ugh, console vrs PC debates.

You can thank the child that started it. And actually, we're not debating which is better...simply pointing out weaknesses on both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Have changed my mind on capture the flag. It's ****e, all that game mode is is base rape & javelins. When more than half of your team is in their spawn & none of them are bothered to make a run for the flag you know there's a problem with it.

The games I have been on have been very one sided and there is a good reason too.

zo3iE9r.jpg

I don't know how you would defend from behind the flag. (I know Spider Crossings is a good example but that is 5 man CTF) I know your KDR would be amazing because anybody that gets that far will be thinking of the the flag and only a few players will get them...

...these few players that will run off with your tank, your heli, your AA Jeep, yo wife etc. and they will park your equipment behind their base, thus denying your assets while using them to defend their flag

I used to get pissed when I messed the Mega Health timings in QuakeLive CTF but in Battlefield 3 this is nothing... wait will till you have been killed three times by the same guy using your heli...

People have been complaing about the C4 and mines on the flag, thats being going on since TF... a quick nade/RPG/SMAW/Mortar sorts that and so clever players place one or two mines on slip roads and camp the area with a tank\bmp...

The CTF has its quirks and it has very opened up new ways to play with players coming up with fresh ideas

Is it too little too late? Will there be a game breaking bugs or imbalance issues? Who cares because Dice are now finished with this half arsed product and now we continue to play it because there is nothing else better...

As for Air Superiority
    8v8 Jet only maps are only good for one thing..

PrdnQC3.png

Dices's half arsed approach to game modes is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Not doubting you or anything, but I cannot remember a single game of CTF that's ended 0-0 in my experience anyway. Only find the above happening if I join a game that's already well underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Mines.... Mines EVERYWHERE.

I know, it is always the geeks sitting 4 foot from a monitor who need a mouse to aim who bring it up too... insecurity I suppose? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Lads, first & last warning. No PC/Console arguing or flaming. mozzattack be careful with the insults

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Battlefield-3-End-Game-2143-Easter-Egg.jpg

:S

Whereabouts is that?

Kinda directly accross from the US deployment in the autumn map , just on the edge of the map

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Went off bf3 for a good while but this has gotten me right back into it and plenty of assignments to catch up on, just finished the stac one today :)

Air superiority isisnt much to write home about, always seem to be crashing into other people or debris taking me out in mid air. Did anyone else think of the independence day scene where the air force takes on the small alien planes in a massive cluster ****? Reminds me of that.

Conquest on console is again too big so a non runner there again, but rush is great fun as usual. Ctf is certainly is what the maps was geared towards and goes down a treat for me, frantic and fast paced. There can be a bit of base raping though, it seems recon also finally found a proper home in this dlc.

Its no b2k but its a good send off

I personally dont like 5 flag conquest on console. Am I alone here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Not really a fan of CQ on the new maps.I much prefer CTF, trying to return the flag in the middle of a field with Tanks, choppers and infantry converging on you is great craic.That railroad map on CQ can be a disaster if your flying a chopper.The out of bounds areas are a bit of a balls.Hard sometimes to get away with the lads with stingers.

• Advertisement

Pity, new maps are unreal on Conquest on the PC :)

Pity, new maps are unreal on Conquest on the PC :)

Great being a mod, can stir but no-one else can reply.

Enjoy it as Rush is far better anyway.

Not trying to stir anything Mozattack, simply stating that they were good on the PC. It was a direct reply to the two posts above mine.

Great being a mod, can stir but no-one else can reply.
    It must be better knowing you'll never become one :pac:

Needs to prevent spawn camping not around the flag but around where your vehicles (aka chopper) spawns

Soby wrote: »
    Needs to prevent spawn camping not around the flag but around where your vehicles (aka chopper) spawns
    Dont really know why they didnt put the spawn area out of bounds in the first place. But tbh 1 or 2 guys with Javelins defending the flag will do a good job of suppressing any Dirtbikes.

Not trying to stir anything Mozattack, simply stating that they were good on the PC. It was a direct reply to the two posts above mine.

What size maps do you play on usually, 64, 48, 32? ( I am getting ready for PS4 BF4 :))

Don't have a set size, I enjoy playing on them all. Depends what mood im in tbh. I hate metro 64 player so will avoid that at all costs. I like 64 player big maps for all out mayhem & fun with C4. 32 - 40 player maps are great for squad play. Some 16 player large maps are also fun at times.

At the moment i'm just having a lot of fun with the new DLC, the bikes are awesome. A jihad bike is the most efficient way of taking out a tank now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mines becoming a massive pain on this, not least because no ****er on your team has a repair tool for the helis and tanks. Tanks are very weak in this DLC as everyone runs engineer or C4 dirtbikes so it's Sophie's choice with regards to perks. Choose IR smoke and you run over mines, choose thermal optics and the javs or guided missiles are out, choose reactive armour and you lose proximity scanning. All-in-all, though, good DLC.

• Advertisement

Mines becoming a massive pain on this, not least because no ****er on your team has a repair tool for the helis and tanks. Tanks are very weak in this DLC as everyone runs engineer or C4 dirtbikes so it's Sophie's choice with regards to perks. Choose IR smoke and you run over mines, choose thermal optics and the javs or guided missiles are out, choose reactive armour and you lose proximity scanning. All-in-all, though, good DLC.

Reactive, smoke and HMG is the best load out imo, and get a mate 2 run proxi.Dont think ive ever used thermal or zoom, waste of time.Guided shell is fairly handy on Nebandan flats on CTF. As for mines keep spamming the spot button.

Advertisement